𝖢𝖧𝖠𝖯𝖳𝖤𝖱 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖸 𝖲𝖨𝖷

BRIANNA

BRIANNA

He does a double take to his mom standing by the kitchen archway. She looked around the party, people raging, making out or dancing. She looks at my costume up and down before she clears her throat.

"Brianna." Her tone was serious and clipped. Precise words, so sharp they might have cut my skin.

"What are you doing here?" Isaac asks still searching for a cup. I hand him one that was sitting by the sink. He mutters a thank you and fills it up with water.

Luckily she walked in and there wasn't any bottles out. They were all shelfed in the cabinets of the island counter.

"I need to talk to you about something important." She fiddles nervously with the bracelet on her wrist. I excuse myself and point to the dance floor.

I push and dance my way to the living room where a bunch of people are. I pick up a chip from snack bowl and it's soggy and wet so I spit it back out.

"You just got pranked, dude." A guy with one too many piercings to the face and a bold black lip laughs at me. I furrow my brows but when the realization hit me, I wasn't so confused.

He was high, like stone high. The bloodshot eyes, the heavy lid and the relaxed face. I knew it from anywhere.

"Follow me."

ISAAC

ISAAC

"Yes mom?" I asked, drinking the plain old water. This would've been vodka in my cup had she not shown up.

I didn't know why she was here, a party isn't necessarily her cup of tea but it had to be urgent because she was here.

"It's about your dad and me." I couldn't tell whether I already saw it coming so I wasn't surprised or that I didn't care.

Probably the latter.

"What about you two?"

She took a deep breath as if the news were going to hurt me. She braced herself by coming close to me and touching my arm. Now I know whatever it is, she has to get it off her chest.