ƎᗡOƆ 𝟹𝟷| A long night

Start from the beginning

»«»«»«»«»«

| 𝟶𝟾:𝟹𝟶:𝟷𝟻 𝙿𝙼 |

Jin's father was busy in reading a book in his study room, when he heard the sound of steps along with a noise of cart wheel.

Must be Yeolmoo. He thought and smiled.

And he was right. It was Yeolmoo who came with a cart of food. He was about to knock on his door but got intervened by the old man.

"No need to knock just come in." He then looked up at him and said, "You came back right on time, hahaha. Did you do your dinner?"

"Ah no- I'll do it later." He replied while placing all the food plates on his study table from the cart. "But I think your son got upset about me leaving suddenly..."

"Oh no no- don't mind him. He's very possessive about me so he do it quite normally so don't mind what he says." He put aside his book and patted Yeolmoo's back before picking the chop sticks. 

To this he smiled and nodded.

Yeolmoo was done here but he decided to stay in the room because Jin's father likes to be around people even though there's only few to take care of him in this household. He learnt that when he went with him in his friend's funeral few days ago.

But he didn't just stay here for that. He wanted to ask something.

"Uhm- Mr. Kim? Can I ask you something if you don't mind?"

He was enjoying his food wholeheartedly and nodded as a sign for telling him to go on with his question.

"Well...what book were you reading earlier?" He asked with an expression of curiousness and gleam. "The cover looks quite beautiful with the ancient look."

He smiled hearing that and put down the chopsticks. "For the first time I found someone asking me about books." He grabbed the book only to give it to him, and said with a smile, "Here, see it yourself."

"Rise of the Athens...", he read out and looked at him.

"This is about one of the greatest ancient civilisation. I'm into history and mythology books actually." He cheekily smiled and pointed at the shelf exactly at his left and said, "There you can find a whole collection of these genres."

"This sounds so amazing honestly. I was into books too but...things changed with time." His voice almost came out like a painful whisper at the end, as he struggled to control his tears from rolling down.

The room suddenly turned gloomy which brought back some bitter memories of him too.

He said, "I understand you...even I felt like I lost everything in this world when Jin's mother left after giving birth to him." He then took his hand in his and said, "But you can start a fresh too and sometimes you just need to. So if you ever feel like reading, just don't be shy to pick any from my study, okay!"

He nodded with a smile and said, "Okay."

And a fresh start should also begin after discarding the old scars.

»«»«»«»«»«

| 𝟷𝟶:𝟶𝟹:𝟺𝟶 𝙿𝙼 |