2.03 - 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙪𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙖𝙡 𝙈𝙚𝙡𝙩𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙣

Y/N WAS IN metal shop the next day. He secretly brought the glowing Chitauri power core and wanted to use the time to try and look into it. Peter stood across from him as he pounded it with a hammer.

"You think this is safe?" He asked.

"What's the worst that can happen? This whole class explodes?" Y/N replied. "Maybe."

A piece of its casing finally broke apart. Y/N nodded and began to take it out.

"Thanks for bailing on us." Ned said walking up to the two, mentioning the party the night before.

"Well, something came up." Y/N replied.

Ned looked down at the core. "Whoa. What is that?"

"I don't know. Some dude tried to vaporize me with it."

"Really? Awesome."

Y/N gave him a look. Peter shook his head and chuckled at his friend's ill-placed awe.

"I mean...not awesome." Ned corrected. "Totally uncool of that guy. So scary."

Y/N continued to try and take it apart. Peter leaned over the table and spoke.

"We think it's some sort of power source."

Ned agreed and pointed at the wires. "Yeah. It's connected to all these microprocessors. That's an inductive charging plate. That's what I use to charge my toothbrush."

"Then whoever's making these weapons is obviously combining alien tech with ours." Peter replied.

"That is literally the coolest sentence ever said." Ned said. "I just want to thank you both, for letting me be a part of this journey. Into this amazing–"

Y/N gave it one last whack with the hammer, causing the core to expel a small amount of energy which was strong enough to shake their surroundings. A couple of students looked back in confusion, but their teacher kept working on his crossword puzzle.

"Keep your fingers clear of the blades!"

Y/N took a breath and looked down at the now freed power core on their table.

"I got to figure out what this thing is and who makes it."

"We can go to the lab after class and run some tests." Peter said. "You down, Ned?"

"Oh, hell yeah."

"This calls for the triple threat bro-shake." Y/N said. The three friends stood beside each other and commenced their signature handshake.

 The three friends stood beside each other and commenced their signature handshake

A/N: Imagine this but with the three of them and Y/N is in the middle lol

They walked toward the lab. Music from the ongoing band practice could be heard through the empty hallways. Y/N had placed the power core into his pocket.