EVIL DAY

Annabeth's P.O.V

Alex fell to the ground, it was as if someone had punched the slow motion button on my life. Her eyes slid out of focus, and to the surprise of everyone, she crumbled into a thousand pieces.

Sadie and Carter gasped.
' A shabti ', said Carter smacking his forehead.

Realisation dawned on Sadie's face. To be honest with you, I didn't realise what was happening, at all. I looked at Percy, the poor guy looked so lost I wanted to give him a hug.

I realised if I did not know what was going on, how could Percy? He won't be able to find out his way out of a paper bag without me, as Reyna has said.

Sadie looked at everyone's expression of shock and disbelief to Magnus's look of pure anger and cleared her throat.

' Ehem..so a shabti is a figurine, basically a very good representation of a person made out of clay ', said Sadie.

' But there would be some difference right? ', I asked.
' I mean it depends on the designer actually ', said Carter thoughtfully.
' He means if he made a shabti it would be easily recognisable, but if I made a shabti I doubt you'll be able to tell the difference', said Sadie smugly.

' That's not what I meant ', said Carter hotly.

Everyone laughed. Seriously we needed Sadie's sense of humour now. But inside my brain, worry was flowing like a rocking wave( idk why I used this sentence, it just sounded cool).
It went up and down.
What if someone else among us was a shabti.
What if Percy was a shabti? Would I be able to tell the difference?

No, if I started second guessing  myself, I would be standing at the same spot for the time Gaia took a nap.

' But who sent Shabti Alex to us? ', asked Percy.
' Someone who doesn't want us to succeed, like Hyperion maybe? ', I said.

' No but Hyperion doesn't know how to use Egyptian magic, does he? ', said Aru.
' Who do we know in the Egyptian world to betray us? ', asked Sadie in mock disbelief, ' Oh wait...Set! ', she said.

' Who? ', asked everyone.
' Nice job Sadie ', said the thin air near me.

' Annabeth move! ', said Sadie.
I had one of those moments when I saw something before it happened.
I cold feeling spread across my brain. I heard a voice.

' How easy it is to get into a human's brain isn't it- what does your boyfriend call you- Wise Girl? ', he said.)

' I can ensare your senses, make you as dumb as Percy(sorry Percy), or tell you the truth about the world. Your fatal flaw is hubris right? We can make a world better than the one already made, if you merge your soul within mine ', he continued.

My vision flipped, it was like that time Sadie made me slip into the Duat, I could see layers of reality.
' Annabeth! ', said Percy in alarm.

' SHUT UP! ', the words formed in my mouth and escaped, I couldn't help it. I tried to tell Percy with my eyes I was possesed, but it was impossible.

' Evil Day, I command you to get out! ', said Carter.
I remember screaming, I remember a lot of red light, I remember my soul slipping out of my body.

A/N: Woo! Things getting a bit crazy in the Demigods world! Be sure to stay tuned for exciting updates! Vote and comment! Don't forget to follow me.