Case Closed Part 2

Kiku felt a familiar pair of inquisitive eyes on him. He didn't look up, it always made him feel so anxious when he met those electric blue eyes.

He pushed his chopsticks up and reached for a fruit. Hopefully, if he continued to ignore Alfred he would give up.

Kiku heard the chair scratch against the wooden floor. Did his roommate always have to be so loud in the morning?

"Kiks! I know you can hear me. Don't ignore me!"

Keeping the sigh to himself, Kiku responded, "Yes, Alfred-kun?"

He made sure to keep the annoyance out of his voice. Alfred-kun always had such a hard time reading the atmosphere, so it was unlikely he would notice Kiku's annoyance.

"Why were you up so late last night? Do you have a girlfriend?"

Kiku finally looked up to meet those enchanting eyes.

Alfred was still awake? I thought I was quiet.

Kiku swallowed his nerves. With how pushy his friend could be, it would be better to create some explanation, then try to deny.

Sometimes Kiku really hated just how much of a journalist Alfred could be, though he'd never say it to his handsome face.

"My boss wanted me to stay late and finish some paperwork. My coworker was sick that day."

Kiku almost nodded to himself, that was a perfect explanation and fit in perfectly with his "workaholic" personality. Alfred would be a fool to not by it.

"Mei was sick? I just saw her at the store though."

Sadly, Alfred was a fool.

Kiku clasped his hands. They had given him away too much, especially in front of his friend of a couple years.

What should he do now? Denying it would just make Alfred more suspicious.

Wait, why would Alfred be suspicious? He hand given his anything to be suspicious about.

"Ah, not Mei, Ludwig."

Out of the corner of his eye, Kiku saw Alfred scratch his chin. He seemed....thoughtful.

"Oh, OK."

Kiku closed his eyes. Thankfully, his roommate had bought it, but he better hide some of his stuff just to be careful. Who knows how inquisitive Alfred could get when he thought you were lying.

Kiku glanced behind his friend.

8:45 the neon red clock red.

.......

.......

"Alfred you are late."

Line break

Kiku swept up some dust, cleaning always made him feel more relaxed.

Right after Kiku had told the blond about the time, said blond had piled good in his mouth before saying something extremely muffled and running out the door.

Kiku shook his head at his friend. He could be such a handful sometimes. Not that Kiku minded, sometimes it was nice to have someone so outgoing and crazy.

Kiku grabbed the dustpan and carefully swept the debris into a trash can.

Brown eyes scoured the hallway, looking for anyone that could be looking or spying on him.

When the coast was clear, the short man grabbed an unseen box from the closet with the dustpan.

Kiku was really glad Alfred never checked the cleaning closet, since he didn't like cleaning.

Kiku pulled the box close to his chest. He held it like a mother would hold her child, it was one of his most important possessions.

Kiku quietly walked up the stairs to his room.

A familiar darkness greeted him, he must have forgotten to move the curtains.

With the practiced ease of someone who lived in this room for years, he crouched down under his desk and pushed some button.

One of the floorboards let out a small pshhh before it moved down and his into some alcove.

Kiku walked over to the hidden container and carefully placed his box in it.

Kiku lovingly traced the small, pink cherry blossoms that decorated his-er Samurai's all black Karuta armor.

Kiku had the insane urge to grab the armor and put it on. Somehow, when he wore that armor, when he was doing his job, when no one would question him, he felt secure and safe.

Kiku sighed. Sadly, his armor wasn't complete, he was still missing his sword, his katana.

But, the Wizard and Winter were fixing it. His blade had broken during his fight with Shredding Fists. He needed his speed to be sharpened by winter and to be renchanted by the Wizard.

Thankfully, he did have some extras.....somewhere.