Inside Out Part 2

Sorry for the short chapter, my entire week has just been busy!💞

Yao internally cursed his luck and reached for the bat on his back. It would never be enough to kill these monsters, but it usually would be enough to stun them.

The green pod pulsed and began to move, hand like indents appeared on the inside. The pod began to stretch and fidget..

Whatever it was had to be similar to human. That would mean Yao would actually have a chance.

Yao grip his bat tighter, the pod looked like it was about to break.

And he was right.

A glowing, gloop covered hand broke through the surface. It stayed there a little and began to twitch.

Suddenly, a leg broke through and began to kick wildly, completely demolishing what was left of the green prison.

Whatever thing was in there broke through the pod and fell onto the dirty alleyway.

Yao moved forward, making sure to stay quiet. Stealth was how you the upper hand on these creatures.

Yao stopped at the fallen figure and raised the bat above his head, ready to swing down.

Before he could smash the monster's brain in, the thing suddenly jerked its "head" toward Yao. Yao jumped back and squished himself to the side of the alley. If that thing could spray acid or some other substance, he didn't want to find out.

The face tracked him though, he just couldn't escape!

An appendage got closer to the head of the creature and wiped off some of the gloop, revealing the most striking blue eyes Yao had ever seen.

That made Yao pause, this.......thing almost looked human.

The monster jaw opened and the closed. Yao almost thought he saw a pink tongue peak out and lick some of the gloop, but that must just be his imagination.

"W-w-w-where am I?