☆ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 9

TW: strong language

♡♡♡

- Close your eyes. - Vanessa sofly whispers in your ears.

- Promise me that I won't fall. - you say, serious, and she giggles.

- I promise. - you deeply inhale and close your eyes.

You heard the sound of an old metal door being opened. You wanted to open your eyes but restrained yourself from doing so, you wouldn't want ruining the surprise. Vanessa holds your hand and softly pulls it, indicating you to walk. You feel a cold wind blowing on your face and hear the metal door being closed.

- Open your eyes. - Vanessa whispers again. You slowly open your eyes and wait for them to adjust to the lighting. As soon as you can see the view in front of you, you gasp.

- Oh... My... - you couldn't even finish your sentence. You were completely out of words.

- It's beautiful, isn't it? - Vanessa asks, crossing her arms and looking at you. All you could do was nod. No word could ever describe what was in front of you. Nothing could describe it's beauty.

- It's... Wow... - it was all that escaped your mouth.

You looked at the beautiful orange skies, the sun setting on one side and the moon already appearing on the other. The city lights shone far away. The loud music from inside the plex was muffled but it could still be heard from the rooftop.

- I thought this would cheer you up and get your mind out of... You know what. - she shyly smiles.

- Thank you, Vanessa. - you put your hand on top of hers in a way to show her how thankful you are and she blushes.

- It's nothing... I just really like coming up here when the day was bad... It usually brings up my mood. - she says.

- The view is wonderful... It definitely cheered me up. - you smile at her.

- Come here, let's take a picture. - she puts out her phone.

- Alright! - you get closer to her as she prepares the camera. She puts her and on your waist, making you blush. You tried to shrug it off, but her touch tingled your clothed skin.

- Give me a big smile! - Vanessa says, opening a wide grin, and you shyly smile for the picture.

- Can I see it? - you ask, after Vanessa start putting her phone back on her pocket.

- Of course! - she shows you the picture. You thanked God that your blush was not visible on the photo. Vanessa soon brings you back from your thoughts. - We should go back, it's getting colder.

You nodded and both of you went back to the plex.
Soon it was closing time so you ended up already going home.
You took a warm shower after you got to your apartment. You also tried eating something but your head was now back on your sister, so you felt nauseous again. You decided to go to bed earlier so you could go back to the plex as soon as possible. With your thoughts on your sister's location, you drifted to sleep.

♡♡♡

- Hey Liam! - you say, waving.

You were now back to the Pizzaplex. It had just opened and you were the first "customer". It was Liam's shift at the ticket office so you ended up putting his husband's jacket on the washing machine and then on the clothes dryer the night before so you could give it back to him.

- Hey Y/N! You're here early. - he smiled.

- Well, I wasted a lot of time yesterday so I wanted to make some progress on the investigation today. - you say.