143 - End Of Year One

Start from the beginning

Today was the final day of my first year at Legacy High. I will be moving onto my second year in April.

And don't worry, Isabella is babysitting her granddaughter. Hopefully Xena can get close to her, because Isabella isn't going to give now that she actually has a granddaughter...

Anyways, I had passed all of my classes with average grades, though now there isn't any good reason to still be holding back so next year I won't.

We were currently standing in the gym, waiting for the end of the year announcement. This reminded me of back when I first came to Legacy High.

Oh, how things have changed.

"I'd say for the better." Loki added.

"I agree. Looking through your memories, I think that your life has improved greatly. Well, except for your sister, but you'll find her eventually." Medea stated.

I will. I just want to make sure I'm prepared before I go venturing through random worlds. I'm not risking losing everything again.

Also, isn't looking through my memories an invasion of my privacy?

"I'm a witch, what do you expect?" I could hear Medea's smug grin.

"Annoying..." Loki muttered.

"What did you just say?!" Medea screamed.

"Ow! Ow! Stop!" Loki yelled back.

Okay, stop fighting. At least stop fighting where I can hear you.

"Ken!" Kai whisper-yelled, shuffling between the students to get over to me. "Hey! This is awesome! We made it!"

"It'd be sad if we got held back." I replied.

"Not me! I'm going to become strong!" Kai decided. "And Ken, I need you to teach me your moves!"

"With my fire?" I asked. "Sure, I can-"

"No, your playboy moves!" Kai replied.

"..." I stared at him, deadpanning. "I don't have moves. And why would I teach them to a perv like you?"

"This is different this time!" Kai stated. "I found her Ken! I found her!"

"Who?" I questioned.

"The girl of my dreams..." Kai sighed happily.

He looked lovestruck. Oh god, somehow somebody made him simp harder than when he simped for Yui. And Kai is, while a good guy, a huge simp.

So the fact that someone made him simp harder for them than an idol which music he's admired for years was worrying.

"Explain." I stated.

"I was working at my family's shop." Kai explained. "And this girl came in, our age. She was asking for a custom mechanical arm and we ended up talking a lot."

"She even said she'd come back to me specifically if she needed any help with her arm or weapons!" He stated.

Well, about the arm, that makes sense. But the weapons?

Good job, Kai-

"Wait, mechanical arm?" I questioned.

"Yeah, you see, she lost one of her arms when she was fighting a Monster. She goes to our school!" He continued. "And she wanted a custom mechanical arm she could use so she can continue trying to become an Adventurer."

Wow...he's fallen hard...

"Alright...I can help." I sighed.

"Yes!" He pumped his fist in victory.