CHAPTER 52: AND THE FIGHT BEGINS (PART 2)

Sky's pov:

For a while, all you heard was the grunts and growls of everyone fighting but then more rogues seem to appear.

"I guess not all of my men had woken up yet." Devon says, with that wicked smile on his face.

The extra rogues seem to be winning over our warriors and I don't know what to do. I'm weak and powerless and my mate and pack are weaker and more tired by the second. What can I do?

'Help us, please?' I send a message to Star, but she isn't the one who responds.

More wolves come through the trees, for a second I thought they were more rogues but then I recognise some pack members, and then one shifts, and there stands Mason in his birthday suit.

"You gave us our lives back, Luna Sky, so it's only right that we are willing to give them up to help save you," Mason says, then shifts back into his wolf and they all join in on the fight.

The tables have once again turned, and now they are in our favour. Rogues fall to the ground one after the other.

I try to help but fall to my knees, I look at my side and notice just how much I am bleeding. I need to heal first, otherwise, I will cause more damage than good.

While I heal myself, my warriors get rid of all the rogues and then they walk toward me. Mason shifts again, trying to get a good look at my injury.

"You will have to be careful, Luna. Any more damage and it will become critical." He tells me.

"I know, but now it's my mate's turn to take a greater, he has done enough." I tell him, then turn to my pack. "Get everyone who had fallen or is injured out of here and back home, some of you can if you would like, but they are the priority, got it." I tell them.

I stand up and feel Star again. I smile knowing that we have got this.

"It's okay, you can take a break now." I say out loud, knowing Hunter would listen out for my voice, even in the middle of this fight.

Hunter is drained so I know he won't be able to argue, some warriors help him away while I try to distract Drevon enough to let him get away. Now all that's left is me and him.

'You ready to end this for food?' I ask Star.

'You know it.' She replies.

'Then let's begin.' I say as I feel Stars power being released.

I feel myself getting stronger and go for Drevon. My speed has also increased, perfect. My speed now matches his, in fact, I believe I'm slightly faster than him.

Devon keeps on trying to block my moves and it's annoying me, 'why can't he just stay still?'. Then the perfect idea comes to mind.

I use my powers to cause vines to grow out of the ground and wrap them tightly around his legs, keeping him still long enough for me to use the wind and my own strength to push him all the way to a tree, where I use the beaches and trap him again. I keep attacking him until he no longer moves, so I turn my back to him and head back to check on my mate.

I walked a couple of steps before I've been thrown across the field by the man I thought I just knocked out. I guess I should have known not to turn my back on him.

It's starting to rain, so a new idea appears in my mind. I use the weather to create lighting and bring it down, attacking Drevon. I hit him a few times and he grows considerably weaker. All the healing he's doing to himself is wearing him down.

He tries to stand and fight but ends up falling to his knees, unable to do anything else.

I know now not to take any chances, so I grow the vines again and make sure he is unable to move a muscle before getting any closer.

"You should have known you would have never won." I tell him.

"You are mine, maybe not in this life, but you will be in our next one." He tells me.

"No, there is no next one for you. You would always be the one to kill us, this time we will kill you. This stops the loop for good. Goodbye, Drevon." I tell him, noticing the fear that starts to appear on his face.

I turn away from him and use the fire, that the lighting created when it hit the ground, to surround him and make sure this really is the end of it.

I walk towards my mate and pack, listening to his screams until they are no more and Drevon takes his last breath.

When I reach Hunter, he wraps his arms around me and holds me tight.

"It's over?" I say, but it comes out more as a question.

"It's over." He answers, as he holds me even tighter, taking in my scent while I also do the same to him.

'Oh, how I have missed him.'

"Wait, what about our daughter?" I ask, coming back to reality.

We look each other in the eyes before turning to Mason.

"She's safe, along with all the other children and people who aren't able to fight. They have some of your pack members looking after and protecting them." He tells us.

I let out a breath and turn back towards Hunter.

"You still have to name her, you know." I tell him.

"We can do that together when we get home. We've got a long way to go." He says.

"That we do." I say, turning towards everyone else who is still here, "ready to go home?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S.