CHAPTER 48: STARTING THE PLAN

Hunter's pov:

I'm running towards the location of where Sky is and I'm struggling on trying to control my lycan, mainly on so we don't run so fast and leave everyone behind and go get my mate myself.

I feel someone trying to talk to me through the pack link, so I let them through and listen to what they have to say.

'We are almost there Alpha. We need to shift back into our human form so we can hide easier.' James tells me and I do as he says, trusting his judgment.

We all change into some spare clothes that my warriors who were here before had when suddenly there was a strong gust of wind blowing towards us and it carried Sky's scent, making me lose almost every shred of control I had against my lycan.

James and Scott hold me down and try to reason to my lycan, which I didn't think would work, but slowly he gave me back control and I thank them both before moving closer to my mate.

'Don't worry Sky. We are here for you now.'

As we get closer, her scent gets stronger.

'Oh, how I have missed her scent.'

We walk through the layer of bushes and trees and that's when I see her. Her long brown hair, which has grown in length, blows in the wind framing her face. She's beautiful.

That's when I notice the man that is walking next to her and the baby that is sleeping in her arms.

I can tell when everyone else sees what I do when they all hold their breath, waiting to see what I will do next.

The baby that Sky is holding looks exactly like her. The little patch of hair on the baby's head is the same colour as Skys and it has the same little waves in it as well. Just like her. Their facial features are also the same, but all I could think about was, 'who is the father? Who do I have to kill for touching her?'

Well, that was until Sky looked towards the man and he nodded. Looking like they were having a silent conversation, I tried to look more intensely and notice Sky holding the child more closely and then collapsing into the man's arms. The man then ran inside before I could understand what just happened.

I almost ran inside after them, but James and Scott pull me back and check to make sure no one saw me.

"Alpha, we shouldn't rush into this." Scott tells me, trying to help me calm down again.

After a couple of minutes I calm down and James points toward the other side of the field. I look towards where he is pointing and notice both men and women along with children, some being carried and others running with them, trying to escape.

I guess this is our chance to find out my mate's plan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think.

F.S