CHAPTER 41: FINDING THE TRUTH OUT

Sky's pov:

"Well, I thought that was obvious. I want you." Drevon says.

"What?" I whisper, shocked and scared of what else he is planning.

"What I meant was, I want your power." He explains, and I release a breath I didn't know I was holding as he chuckles, and takes a seat in the chair next to the bed.

"You know, I had to do a lot of work to get you this time. I was only 12 when I first heard of a royal lycan being born with electric blue eyes and white fur. I knew it had to be you. You see your parents were more lycan than human so you were born in your lycan form, so I thought it would have been easy to find you but your parents gave you away and ran away with your blanket. I didn't know that at first though and I was chasing them around for year's, it was very annoying but when I killed them, it was quite satisfying." Drevon tells me.

"You killed my parents." I say, shocked about what I'm hearing.

"Yes, I did. They weren't that powerful so I'm confused as to how they gave birth to you, but who am I to complain. It meant one less obstacle in my way." He nods as if to agree with himself.

"They died trying to protect me." I say, more to myself than to him, but he still responds.

"Yes, they did. They spread your scent around so much it took a few more years until I found you again. I tried to get rid of your so-called 'family' all in one go with that fire but who knew that the boy would have taken you out for the day." Drevon says, looking annoyed.

"You set the fire that killed my parents?" I ask, getting more shocked by the second.

"Yes, I did. Are you going to question everything I say? My God, this is going to take forever." He says, rolling his eyes and shaking his head at me.

"Why are you telling me all of this anyway?" I ask.

"Because then you can see how much I want you and how powerful I am. You should be able to see at the end how much of a better choice I am compared to your so-called 'mate'" Drevon tells me.

As if I would ever choose him over Hunter. He doesn't even come anywhere near close to Hunter.

Hunter is perfect for me, while this make is just an evil psyco.

"You know, I tried to get rid of that so-called brother of yours as well, but you came to the rescue. It was the first time I saw you use your powers, so I just stepped back and watched what would happen. It was very fascinating. However, the more I thought about it, something didn't sit right. If you had your powers that meant you met your mate and I couldn't have that, so I sent come rogues to see if anyone was carrying your scent in the surrounding areas, but there was no one. So then I had to expand my search, but then I find out your mate is another powerful lycan with a pack, and I got, as you could say, slightly annoyed again." He tells me as he stands up and starts to play with the needles and smells some of the chemicals, making me nervous, his tone isn't exactly friendly.

"What are you planning to do?" I ask him.

"I'm going to give you a choice Sky. You either choose me or I kill you. It's as simple as that. If you don't choose me now, I will just have to wait until we are reborn again and make sure I get to you first." He tells me as if it is as simple as choosing heads or tails for a coin flip.

I close my eyes and picture my family, friends and pack. I can't die, not yet, I haven't seen my niece and nephew yet, I haven't told Hunter about our pup yet, I haven't held our baby yet. I can't die, it's as simple as that. So with my choice made, I open my eyes and look towards Drevon.

"Fine, I will be your mate." I tell him.

'Only until I find a way back to my real one.' I tell myself.

"Perfect." He says, before sticking a needle in my neck and once again the darkness welcomes me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me know what you think so far.

F.S