"It was okay during the pregnancy, he wasn't home most of the time. Fortunately, he was here for the birth, at least. It's when Kaldrick turned one year old, that the abuse really began. At first it was just little remarks and then he started beating me."

"Why didn't you leave ? " He asked curiously. 

"Where was I supposed to go then ? My family thought that I was a slut, they weren't too fond of me. I didn't tell them about the rape and even if I did, they would've not believed me. So…I stayed. I tried to think about something to get me and my child out of this, but…nothing. And as long as he wasn't putting his hands on Kaldrick…I guess, it was fine with me."

Wow, he thought. He was speechless at this point. Was it that bad ? 

"Then I got pregnant with Kalia. And…three days after I brought her into the world, I found out that Xavier was cheating on me since three years already. I didn't really care, because…I wasn't in love with him, our only relationship was being your parents. So, I said nothing. Until one day, she came. She wanted to talk with Xavier about something really important…She was carrying you." She sighed, "People couldn't know that he got his mistress pregnant of course and he didn't want to abandon you, so…he decided that we have to take you with us, even if it meant that you will never know who your biological mother is. I refused to do this, but…he forced me, I have no choice. So, every day he was spending time with Mandy to keep an eye on her. She was a junkie and alcoholic and he didn't want her to touch that while you were in her belly." She paused once again letting him take all in. 

More she was speaking, more he was disgusted. 

"The months passed by real fast and then you were here. The night you were born, your father went to search you and he came back home with you in his arms. I still didn't want to do this. I felt horrible to do this to Mandy. I didn't like her, but it was unfair. I knew that I would've not wanted that somebody does the same to me. The next day…" She chuckled sadly, "…we didn't even tell your siblings about you until you were born. It was the morning and we came in the kitchen screaming 'surprise' and then we explained them how we adopted you. They were still little kids, so they believed us without asking questions. And since then we had always told them to tell you nothing, because…it was our role to do this. They had to keep the secret and they did. Until this day. You were arguing with Kalia, y'all were like six or five and her like nine or ten and suddenly she said something like 'you were adopted anyways'. In any other family, it would've been the usual type of insult kids throw at each other, but not in ours. Came the night and we had a discussion with Kalia…she had to keep the secret. Absolutely."

"And for that you made uncle Renny raped her ! " He did a grimace, "I don't even know why I'm still calling him like that ! " 

She nodded her head, "It wasn't my idea. I swear ! I didn't even know about until it actually happened before my eyes." 

"And so why did you not save her from it ?! "

"I COULDN'T ! I was so shocked, so sad, so angry and…so weak." Now she was crying, "I let him hurt my baby and I did nothing to get her out of this. He always said that he will never hurt you guys, but this time he had too. Then hate wasn't even the word. What I felt towards him was…" She shook her head crying more. 

He sighed, "And then you continued to lie." 

"Yes." She wanted to tell him another thing, but it was better if she'll bring it with her in her grave. She couldn't tell him that she's the one who killed their father. Xavier Ryans destroyed her mentally, emotionally and physically. He manipulated her and she helped him in his monkey business. The original version of his death was that he had a heart attack, nobody knew that actually she had put poisoned in his food. And fortunately for her, the person who did the autopsy was a friend of hers. No, she was going to die with that last secret. 

"And that's all ? " 

"Yes, that's all. I'm so sorry." 

"Not as much as me. Thanks, I guess. And bye." He stood up and walked in the direction of the front door.

She ran to him and grabbed his arm and got on her knees, "Please ! Please, please, please, forgive me ! Please, please, please." 

He stayed quiet for a moment, "Matthew 6:14-15." He mumbled as it popped in his mind.

"What ? "

"14: For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15: But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." He recited looking straight into her eyes, "Isaiah 43:25…" He inhaled and then exhaled, "…''I, even I, am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more.'' " He added with a monotone voice. 

"You're forgiving me ? "

"I will, but I will NEVER forget. And it will NEVER be the same between us. I'm sorry, but I can't keep you in my life knowing all of this. I can't. I hope you'll find peace though. Bye." He kissed her forehead and looked at her for the last time and then left her house. 

It was hard for him. He was rejecting the woman who raised him; the woman who had a very important place in his heart; the woman he called his queen and the love of his life; the woman who could get on his nerves so fast, but that he loved to death and now…In a snap, all of this had no more signification to him, to his heart.

It was all over.

He wiped his tears and got in his car. He stared at the house in front of him that he was no longer going to visit. They had good memories there, like Christmas, Thanksgiving and Easter. He'll keep these images in his mind for the longest he'll be capable of.

His heart was broken. His feelings and emotions were a real mess. His life was ruined, that's how he felt. He sighed and pulled his keys out. As he was about to start the engine, his phone rang. He picked it and slid his thumb on the screen. He cleared his throat before to talk though. He didn't want the person on the end of the line to know that he was crying. But he didn't have the occasion to place one word as his sister's voice filled his ear. 

"Kalvin ! Oh my God ! That's crazy ! Kaldrick is in jail ! "

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ 

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =) 

•A/N: And things keep happening. If I was Kalvin, I would've been crazy by now and placed in a mental hospital. Dis tew much ! Anyways, what do you think about Donya ? Is Kal right to completely put her out of his life ?

Dedication goes to xiyrenikkia ! I appreciate your exceptional support, thanks so so so much muahh 💋❤

Thanks for reading guys !

And sorry for the mistakes.