Ch. 22 - THE OVERLOOKED

Magsimula sa umpisa

With a flick of his arm, the powder flies out of the vial, pluming into a cloud of dust. Jennifer raises her hands, but in the cloud, her face changes to the Darach, slashed and shrieking in anger.

Aurora sucked in a deep breath watching as dust settling around her, Jennifer looks up with a mixture of rage and fear. She starts to back away, moving for an escape but Derek comes at her, wrapping his hand around her throat. "Derek, wait! Wait! You need me!"

"What are you?"

"The only person who can save Cora!" She said making Aurora's eyes widen, "Call Peter... Call him!" Jennifer said and Derek instantly pulls his phone out, keeping a hold in Jennifer.

"It's not good. She's in and out of consciousness, she's vomiting up black blood, along with one other alarming substance..."

"Mistletoe." Derek said, glaring at Jennifer, "How did you know that?" Peter asked but Derek didn't answer as he just hung up and his grip tightens around Jennifer's throat making her let out a few gasps of pain. "Derek... Derek, what are you doing?"

"Her life... it's in my hands!" Jennifer gasped and Aurora stepped forward, "Derek, stop." She said but he ignored her. "Stilinski... you'll never find him..." Jennifer struggled to say, "Derek!" Aurora yelled and almost instantly Derek dropped Jennifer to the ground. She draws in a breath, hand to her throat and glares up at them in defiance.

"That's right. You need me- all of you." Jennifer said and Aurora glared at her as her necklace started to glow, "Dolorem inferens somno." Aurora said. All of the sudden, Jennifer groaned in pain for a moment before passing out making all the guys look at Aurora, who just shrugged slightly.

"That's what happened when people annoy me. Let's go." Aurora said as she stepped over Jennifer's body, walking towards the door.

Derek and Aurora sat in Derek's car while Jennifer, who had woken up not long ago, as Derek drive to the hospital. "You should know, I'm not doing this because I have to- I want to. I could still run, and you wouldn't have an easy time stopping me. But I don't want Cora to die. I'm only doing what I had to do." Jennifer said making Aurora roll her eyes.

"Shut up." Derek said making Jennifer look at him, "You guys need to hear the whole story. You need to know just how connected we are." Jennifer said. "Silentium." Aurora said as her necklace glowed and Jennifer went to say something but no sounds came out making Jennifer quietly sigh and sit back.

Derek and Aurora glanced at each other for a moment before Derek grabbed Aurora's hand while she pulled out her phone

Siren lights flashing, an ambulance full of evacuees veers away from the hospital's entrance. Derek's car and Stiles's Jeep soar in past and screech to a halt. Derek gets out and makes no attempt to be gentle when pulling Jennifer out. Shutting the door of the Jeep, Scott pauses and looks at Stiles weird when he sees Stiles pull a baseball bat out of the back.

"You got claws, I got a bat." Stiles said and Scott shrugged slightly then walking towards the doors.

Derek, Aurora, Jennifer, Scott and Stiles enter through the side door and they pass the reception desk the moment Melissa comes rushing back in through the ER entrance. "Scott?" Melissa said making Scott turn back, the others pausing ahead of him, "What are you doing here? The hospital's evacuating." Melissa asked

"We're here for Cora." Scott said and Melissa looked at all if them, "All of you? And why does Stiles have a bat?" Melissa asked pointing at the bat making Scott sigh. "Mom, trust me on this. You need to get out of here. Right now." Melissa notices the way Derek gripped Jennifer's arm, sees the tension on their faces.