The Darkness

A/N: This chapter contains allusions and elements of grooming and statutory rape. It's in line with some things that happened on the show, but delves into the dark nature of how PLL should have actually handled inappropriate relationships like Wilden/Ali. It was swept under the rug in the show and no one brings to light that she was a victim.

My writing will very much look at things like older men being in the wrong, because even though Alison acted like an adult, children can never consent. This chapter shows the grim reality of that. It does not get super graphic, but it is uncomfortable to read. It could be potentially triggering for some (hell, I wrote it and I was uncomfortable reading it). Also heed the warning that there is some blood and gore in this one, too.

*****

Chapter 6:

The Darkness

When Alison finished cleaning up after the autopsy they went back to the medical library so she could write her report while talking through it with Emily.

She had just finished her write up for the police when her phone starting bleating at her. She was supposed to be done for the day, but she rarely turned it off...just in case the hospital needed her.

In this case, they really needed her. She looked at the screen and felt like screaming and cursing and throwing her phone.

She had fight back her frustration and anger and work hard to pull off a sad concerned look.

"It seems as though my day is not as over with as I thought." She quickly sent a message back and then looked up at Emily. "A patient just came in that's going to require emergency surgery. Doctor Hastings is already in surgery and two of our other surgeons are tied up with a motor vehicle crash."

Damn it. DAMN IT! She had been looking forward to dinner and a night of fucking, which she assumed was the way the night would be going.

"It doesn't look like dinner is going to happen tonight." And more upsetting, neither was the sex.

Alison put her phone down and then handed Emily a copy of the autopsy report.

Emily seemed disappointed, but was completely understanding. After all, she had been one of Alison's patients, and her care had saved her life. She wouldn't take that away from anyone else, no matter how much she wanted to feel Alison's body quivering against hers.

"It's okay." Emily placed her hand on top of Alison's as she took the paperwork from her. She leaned in, close enough so that their lips would touch at the slightest movement. "I can be patient."

Well, I fucking can't. Alison was basically undressing the detective with her eyes. Her eyes flickered to Emily's mouth.

She felt the brunette's hand against her knee.

A wild animal inside of Alison almost clawed its way to the surface. She wanted to pounce on her, to rip her clothes off and have her way with her right there. She could see by the sultry look in Emily's eyes that she felt the same.

But they didn't have time.

Before Alison could protest, Emily was pulling her hand back and moving to give her a gentle peck on the cheek.

Emily's soft silky lips against her tender flesh sent a hot rush broiling over her. Her cheeks burned. She felt her heart beating faster.

What an odd feeling.

Most days her heart was basically just filling a void in her chest. From a medical standpoint, she knew it was there. Feeling it was a different story.