Chapter XII

I stared at him for a moment then burst out laughing. “You’re kidding right! Tell me you’re joking!” His face remained serious. Oh fudge nuggets he wasn’t joking. “What the actual hell Kain, this isn’t a simple matter. One me, against all of them?”

Mallory walked up to me and put both hands on my shoulder. “Isla told me about how you were preparing her in the beginning for The Dark War. Without you, who knows where we would be? The werewolf population would be gone and I wouldn’t find out who I truly was. While you were there for us then, we are here for you, now.” 

“We want to bring all of you there in hopes of working something out. Perhaps making a compromise with the vampires.” Fay said, the image of the BloodStone slowly fading away and the light from the fireplace coming back.

“You’re making us walk straight into the lion’s den.” West seethed. 

Fay sighed. “Just think about it. Ariella knows where we are. She could probably guide you wolves back to the Sunshine-Darkmoon Pack easily and we could take her there by herself and attempt to bargain.”

Nova stood up from her seat from being quiet all this time. “The bug is right, you all should just sleep on it and decide in the morning. My cabin is right on the border on the valley so tonight is the time to decide. I’ve set up rooms upstairs for everyone. Just shout if you need me.”

Kain and his pixie went to bed while the rest of us settled in my room to talk it out. “Mallory...how did you feel when you realized you were special and had to help with the war?" I asked quietly. I felt like my situation was almost like hers from before.

“Uhm, nervous? I guess I was more exhilarated, because I was talking to the freaking Moon Goddess for crying out loud! I knew something was up even more than these preparations, I mean why would a Goddess want to talk to me? I decided not to really think about it and just to focus on the task at hand though. I-I also had that...specific relationship to work on…” She glanced at Dion, who’s gaze darkened. 

Oh right. Ryan. The son of a everything-I-hate who tricked Mallory into thinking he was her mate when she was a werewolf using dark magic.

Wait...dark magic. 

“West, your teacher, remind me again who it was?” I snapped my fingers, not remembering the name. All I could see was golden eyes. Bright golden eyes.

He sighed while Isla looked down, clenching her hands together. “Alpha Dyna of the Southern Pack.”

“WHAT!” We all gasped, besides the two.

“I told her everything after I snapped, I didn’t want to hide anything from my mate.” West said, holding Isla’s hand. “Actually, I never realized it until later when I met her.”

She gave him a small smile, "My brother is only two years older than us. So when he was teaching him Dark Magic when West was in his teenage years, you can see how highly skilled he is. When Ryan and I first tried to get into the Southern Pack during the Dark War, he had a forcefield around his pack which made it seem like nothing was there, just a clearing. Ariella, I’m sure you saw that.” I nodded.

“Speaking of Ryan…” She glanced at Mallory then looked again at all of us. “The reason he knew how to get past it was because he was taught straight by Alpha Dyna's father. Ryan's also another product of his conquests which made his skills insanely better than West’s.”

Mallory’s jaw dropped. Isla sighed. “I'm just the step-sibling and I never knew his dad so I only know so much."

The Goddess fell back onto the floor, staring at the ceiling. “Holy--wait! What!?”