Chapter V

A hand shook my shoulder gently, pulling me out of the restless slumber I was in. Isla smiled down at me, all signs of pain now gone after our terrible subject. "Hey, Ariella. We're all going to the clearing to meet Mallory. You want to come or stay?"

Sighing, I slowly sat up, stretching my arms. The blanket fell to the ground as I lazily picked it up and threw it on the sofa. "Sure, I'll come. I gotta meet her Highness anyway." The Alpha smirked at me and dropped my hood onto my head, darkness covering my vision.

I chuckled and got up, buttoning it around my neck. I eyed my bow and arrow bag but decided against it. If anything went wrong anyway, the enemy would meet a crowd of werewolves and a god and goddess.

Every wolf that was in the pack, except some of the warriors who had to be guarding the borders, were in the clearing, eagerly awaiting their arrival. The Alphas and their kids stood on the podium, smiling happily. I looked at the brown-haired little girl who looked almost exactly like Mila when she was young, yet had light blue eyes. I assumed that was Waverly, the fraternal twin of Zyair.

The clouds suddenly opened up, producing a circle in the sky. Majestic lights shone down to the ground, coloring the surroundings in a pale yellow. It was beautiful, it was amazing, it was--

"GET OUT OF THE WAY!"

Get out of the way? What? My mind processed it for a millisecond and I jumped away on instinct as two bodies slammed to the ground. I gasped as I saw two arms holding up a thick white bundle and went to look at it. There was an extremely battered-up Dion who was holding up Mallory who was holding a baby. Wait. A baby?!

Isla was the first one to get out of the shocked daze and ran to them, taking the baby out of Mallory's hands. "Holy--what the heck? What happened?"

Mal dusted herself off after rolling out of Dion's grip. "Apparently my mate still has some training to do on teleporting. I shouldn't have let him, what with our child and all."

The Alpha almost fainted again and West held her up gently so as to not let her drop the baby. "Sweetheart, why don't we talk about this inside? Let them give out their welcome introduction, alright?"

↠ ⋆ ↠ ⋆ ↠ ⋆ ↠ ⋆ ↠

After the couple gave out their welcome to the confused but eager werewolf pack, Isla gave the newborn baby to me so she could take the twins in each hand. I awkwardly held it in my arms, praying that I wouldn't drop it.

Once I had gotten a hold of not dropping it, I could finally take a good look at the child. It had strikingly blue eyes and a cute little button nose. Little blonde curls that were barely visible, swept across its forehead.

"Is it a boy or girl?" I asked, completely in awe of the full god-baby.

"Boy," Mal responded, walking next to me and adjusting the swaddle of the child. "His name is Alaric, blessed by the former Moon Goddess."

Everyone had finally arrived at the cabin and soon we settled down once again to hear how the decision came about. She took the baby from me and sat next to Dion, looking up at Isla, sadly.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you or Jennalyn about me being pregnant and having him. Alaric was actually more of a surprise and I had to stay up to fix some problems with the other gods. Don't even get me started on Zeus."

The Alpha simply shook her head and hugged Mallory. "It's alright. I'm just glad you showed him to us first. He's so cute."

Dion sighed. "I'm glad we had him now, though."