Chapter IV

"Zyair! Get down from there right now!" Isla yelled, stomping her foot down as she looked up at the ginger-haired boy that sat on the tall branch of a birch tree. He had a smirk on as he waved at his mother.

"No thanks! I'm fine up here!"

Isla's cheeks flamed with anger. "I swear to the Moon Goddess, I will get your father here right now."

He raised a little eyebrow. "So you're just swearing to Aunt Mallory?"

That did it. Right as she put a foot against the trunk of the tree, her mate put a hand on her shoulder. "Now what do you think you're doing, Miss Alpha? Zy, come down. Now."

The boy immediately obeyed, not wanting to face the wrath of his dad. West sighed and looked at his mate, shaking his head. "What were you thinking? You do know you are eight months pregnant right?" His eyes trailed down to Isla's wide belly.

"Won't stop me. Where's Waverly?" She responded, caressing her stomach.

"Jen's got her playing with Kalen so I could find you and Zyair. Come on, we got to get ready for Mallory and Dion's return."

Isla sighed and looked down at her boy's appearance. His curly orange hair was messed up thoroughly, along with his wrinkled clothes. However, stars seemed to twinkle in his black eyes that were mixed with blue and green. They were almost identical to his father's.

They started to walk out of the forest and into the lush green clearing. A slight change of the smells in the wind caused Isla's hairs on the back of her neck to tense up. Immediately, she scooped up her son in her arms as her eyes darted back and forth to see who the unfamiliar scent belonged to. West, also reacting to his mate's sudden reaction, got into a defensive position, searched for the intruder.

A black hooded figure suddenly jumped out of the air and landed on the ground. The person stood up and put a hand on their hip. "Long time no see."

↠ ⋆ ↠ ⋆ ↠ ⋆ ↠ ⋆ ↠

It had been one day since I entered the valley and I was planning to get to my desired destination as quickly as possible so I could just rack out and sleep for as long as I wanted. Wait, never mind, this was partly Isla's pack; she would make me do work as soon as I got there. That plan officially was canceled.

After three hours I crossed the Sunshine-Darkmoon pack borders. Even though I belonged to no one, I was considered a member of their pack, nevertheless of my type. They wouldn't get a warning that I was an "intruder."

I heard voices on my left so I headed that way. Hiding behind some of the branches, my eyes widened at the people I saw. Isla was scolding a boy that looked like her with West on the other side, nodding his head. Soon, they started walking away, into the familiar clearing where all special events and training were held. I followed them, keeping my landings on the branches quiet. Suddenly, Isla stiffened and swirled around, almost looking at me but I kept my body behind the tree. Was I really that easy to find?

I sighed, deciding to reveal myself. Pushing myself away, I leaped into the clearing and landed in front of the three. "Long time no see," I said, pulling my hood down, shaking my hair out. I got three reactions. Isla gasped, the boy just blinked and West put his hands on his hips. "Not happy to see me?"

"Well, if it isn't the vampire." Isla finally spoke.

"What? W, come on, aren't you at least elated?" I said, crossing my arms, and pouted.

The man scoffed but then put his arms around me. The boy cried out, "Mommy, Daddy is cheating on you!"

I smirked and West sighed, moving away from me. "How do you know what cheating means?" Isla asked, looking at her son.