Chapter 25

To the one who controlled me:

like the leaves that hang
on autumn trees,
I changed my colours for you
just so I could hear you say
I'm beautiful

but do you still recognise me?
do you almost feel
the sadness that resides in my heart,
do you taste the bitterness
of our pitiful past?

The pain was something that was familiar to Melora. So annoyingly familiar, and she could feel it throbbing through her bones, her body. Her head was the same, but she could hear something as well, a voice calling out.

"Mel? Mel? Melora?" She slowly opened her eyes, seeing Steve and Tony getting her back onto her feet.

"I'm okay," she breathed nodding to the two of them. "Go knock yourselves out." She waved down the hall, seeing the giant hole now in the middle of the laboratory. The two of them immediately ran while she cupped her side, seeing a piece of metal sticking out.

"I haven't even had breakfast yet," she grumbled and stumbled towards the table where an earpiece was lying. "Fury?" She spoke into the device.

"Our third engine is down, figure out the cause."

Right, that had to be easy enough and she glanced to the giant hole. It seemed to be an explosion. She scrambled towards the exit, feeling the carrier rock again, and she put her hand around her wound, plant matter sprouting and helping her keep the piece of metal in place.

The pain was the same, but at least it wouldn't move. With a shake of her head, she set into a jog, running towards her quarters. The door was already open and she quickly scrambled together her seeds, setting off towards the bridge.

Fury was standing in the same place as always, over-looking and commanding the rest of the crew to get the carrier out over the water.

"How's the cage looking?" Melora asked, panting as the sting from the piece of metal in her body throbbed through her. The panting was good, it helped the adrenaline continue pumping through her veins.

"Still on lock," Hill replied, moving between various things on her screen. "The Hulk is still on the loose on the lower deck."

Melora quickly nodded, running towards the stairs and going to the lower deck. Calming Banner down might be quite the task, but she could try to contain the destruction at the very least. Throughout the ship, sounds of breaking, of metal bending, could be heard. Most of it was from the lower hanger. People in uniforms sprinted past her, fleeing.

She rounded the corner, seeing Thor face to face with a growling and snarling green monster. She ran up, staying somewhat behind the blond. Hulk swung, fist going wide and Thor got a hit in.

Melora plunged her hand into her pocking, hauling seeds on the ground around their feet. Vines and roots came together at an incredible pace. They tied together Banner's legs, trying to get his arm, but it only seemed to make him angrier. The green giant with all of his strength pushed his arm down on Thor, getting him to his knees.

"We are not your enemies, Dr Banner," Thor said in a strained voice. "Try to think." Thor got back up while she continued tying down the giant, vines crawling over his shoulders. Thor forced himself back on his feet, but Banner easily punched him. Thor flew back, launched into a stack of crates and he went directly through them.

"Easy now," she tried, seeing the green beast turn to her, snarling. She tightened the vines, quickly bringing him to his knees. "I don't want to hurt you, Bruce." If he got up she had to run, there was no way she could withstand a hit from him.