CHAPTER ONE

C H A P T E R  O N E

C H A P T E R  O N E . . .

"Mom, are you going somewhere?" Danielle, Evie's teenage daughter asked, her gorgeous mother standing in the kitchen collecting some money.

"I'm just going to the store down the street, need something for this headache. Do you girls want anything?" Evie asked looking at Danielle and Millie, they both shook their heads and turned their attention back to the movie they were watching.

Evie stepped out of the house, walking down the street towards the rough looking store. Evie couldn't believe she was back in her hometown, the many memories that flooded her mind was very overwhelming. Evie loved All Valley and wanted the girls to grow up somewhere that meant a lot to her.

Evie had a teenage daughter Danielle, who she was very proud of.. they had a great relationship, Evie never thought she would become a mother, it was never something she thought about when she was younger.

Millie wasn't Evie's child.. Evie became guardian of Millie after her mother had passed away when she was quite young, Millie's mother spoke with Evie about her wishes and what she would like Millie to do when she was older.. Evie was very grateful that Tess wanted Millie to be in her care.

Evie's life had changed a lot since she left All Valley.

Evie stepped into the small store, walking up the aisle her eyes wondering around the shelves looking for the one thing she needed.

Evie heard the bell above the door ring, as she grabbed a box of pain relief, her head snapping up when she heard a familiar rough voice.

"Get me a slice of pizza."

Evie ducked down, not wanting the one guy she could never forget to notice her. Evie kept her eyes locked on the box when she saw a young boy walking towards her, looking at the shelves for something.

He gave Evie a nod of his head and a obvious blush appeared on his face. Evie gave him a smile before heading further down the aisle towards the back of the store. Hoping that Johnny would leave the store without noticing her.

"My grandma's not feeling well.." Evie heard the teenage boy say to Johnny who was standing at the front of the counter.

"Didn't ask.." Johnny replied back quite harshly. "Come on man, what's Spanish for ' give me my damn slice'?"

Evie saw the Spanish store owner mumble something to the teenager who tried to hide his humour of what the guy had just said. Evie sighed while throwing the hood of her jumper over her head trying to hide her appearance.