Ch. 14 - CHAOS RISING

Start from the beginning

"It's an ancient ritual used mostly by Alphas, since it's a skill that requires quite a bit of practice. One slip, and you could paralyze someone... Or kill them." Peter said and he placed his claws on the back of Isaac's neck while Aurora and Derek glanced at each other.

"You... You've had a lot of practice, though, right?" Isaac asked nervously and Peter smirked slightly, "Well, I've never paralyzed anyone." He said making them all furrow their brows slightly. "Wait, does that mean that you-" Isaac went to say but Peter cut him off by pushing his claws into Isaac's neck making Isaac cry out in pain slightly, grabbing Peter's arms.

They both grunt in pain and Isaac jerks slightly, trying to get away from Peter making Aurora start to step forward but Peter stopped her. "Wait, I see them-" Peter said before starting to look dizzy until he suddenly pulled away from Isaac, stumbling back into the table. Aurora immediately crouched down in front of her brother, gently turning his head to look at his neck.

"What'd you see?" Derek asked as Peter walked off to the side while panting, "It was confusing... Um, im-images, vague shapes..." He said and Derek raised his eyebrows. "But you saw something." He said and Peter nodded slightly, "Isaac found them." He said making Aurora look over at him.

"Erica and Boyd?" She asked and Peter shook his head slightly, "I barely saw them- I mean, glimpses." He said. "But you did see them?" Derek asked and Peter nodded, "And worse." He said and Aurora sighed. "Deucalion... I think he was at the hospital too, Scott told me there was a blind man in the elevator."

"He was talking to them. Something about time running out." Peter said and Isaac furrowed his brows slightly, not looking up, "What does it mean?" He asked before looking over at Derek. "He's gonna kill them." Derek said and Peter shook his head, "No, no, no, no, no. He didn't say that. He did make them a promise... that, by the full moon, that they'd both be dead." He said making Aurora raise her eyebrows.

"The next full moon?" She asked and Peter sighed, "Tomorrow night."

In some random empty class, Lydia and Allison hold their arms together, forming the complete symbol on their skin. Derek and Aurora stood in front of them while Scott look on at his side and Stiles sat on a desk. Derek raises his eyes to meet Allison's, neither of them blink as they glare at each other. "I don't see anything." He said and Scott stepped forward, "Look again."

"How is a bruise going to tell us where Erica and Boyd are?" Derek asked and Scott looked at him like it was obvious, "It's the same on both arms. Exactly the same." He said and Derek just shook his head.

"It's nothing."

"Pareidolia." Lydia said making them look at her confused, "Seeing patterns that aren't there. It's a subset of apophenia." Lydia said and Scott sighed softly and looked at Derek and Aurora.

"They're trying to help." Scott said making both Aurora and Derek look at him with raised eyebrows. "These two?" Derek asked looking back at Allison and Lydia. "This one, who used me to resurrect my psychotic Uncle. Thank you." He said, pointing at Lydia while Aurora looked at Allison with a slight glare, "She stabbed my brother." Aurora said.

"Okay, all right, now, come on. No one died, all right? Look, there may have been a little maiming, okay, a little mangling, but no death. That's what I call an important distinction." Stiles cut in but it just made it worse.

"My mother died." Allison said making Derek raised his eyebrows, "Your family's little honor code killed your mother. Not me." He said and Allison just glared at him and shook her head. "That girl was looking for Scott. I'm here to help him, not you." Allison said and Derek raised his eyebrows, "You wanna help? Find something real." Derek said before he and Aurora went to leave but Scott stopped them.