140 - The Enchantress Of Colchis

Start from the beginning

"That led to me gaining the Arcana Medea. And after we attempted to upgrade my Arcana, it ended up upgrading you. And it seems it made you gain sentience again." I theorized.

"That's...incredibly absurd." She replied.

"He's not lying." Loki added. "I can vouch for him."

"Oh, like I can trust you." Medea scoffed.

"Wow, I'm so hurt." Loki deadpanned.

"Why should I trust anything you say?" She questioned, looking at me.

"You have no reason to." I replied. "But it is true, and Loki and I are the only ones who can tell you this since you're currently in my mind."

"...explain. Explain everything, and don't leave a single detail out." She decided. "We'll see then."

It would be bad if I had an Arcana which actively hated me, so I explained everything. From my past, to the current world and my journey through it. Loki even brought up some memories, allowing her to watch them.

It felt like hours we showed her everything, even though it probably wasn't that long in the real world.

"This...is too elaborate to be a lie." She muttered. "So...it's been this long since my death..."

"Are you surprised?" Loki asked.

"I thought I'd reside in the Underworld forever, ruled by Hades. I didn't realize that it would be ended during that Mythological War...and to think that even the great Hades is now an Arcana..." She murmured.

"It's...just a lot to take in." She stated. "Humankind has really changed..."

"We can give you some time if you'd like." I suggested.

"No, it's fine." She sighed. "So, I'm now an X Rank Arcana? Even higher than a god? How amusing."

"Don't get a big head." Loki replied. "It's only cause you got upgraded."

"And you didn't." Smirked Medea.

"I was supposed to! Until you swooped in and took it!" Loki growled.

Medea laughed behind her hand. "To think I'd be talking to a Norse God like this. How interesting."

She looked over to me. "Pull out your adventurer card."

I pulled it out of my pocket, looking at it. It had changed from the last time I had checked it.

Loki. S Rank.

Tier 1 - Fire Element

Tier 2 - Trickster God's Spirit

Tier 3 - Disguise

Tier 4 - Copycat

Tier 5 - Shapeshift

Tier 6 - Asgardian Armor

Tier 7 - Ch4$&A/o0s@0

Tier 8 - Amplification

Tier 9 - Steal

Tier 10 - King of Rifts

Medea. ? Rank.

Tier 1 - Mana Manipulation

Tier 2 - Soul Snatcher

Medea's rank had changed to ?. Like Irene said, it must be because the adventurer card can't measure that much power since there isn't a rank attributed to it yet.

Medea walked over, looking at it. "Hmm, it names our powers and gives them as you become stronger...very interesting."

"Ah, Mana Manipulation." She nodded. "The most basic skill for true magic. Unlike the phony magic most Arcana's use, manipulating mana is manipulating the life force of the Earth itself."

"That sounds bad when you put it that way." Loki replied. "We're manipulating the spiritual energy of the Earth."

"That's another way to say it." She shrugged. "And Soul Snatcher...that must mean how I can interact with souls. Interesting."

She looked at me. "Be very careful when messing with souls. It may have worked when you bonded your soul to that wacko's and got me, but it likely won't work again."

"I know." I nodded. "I've been warned, multiple times by multiple people about it."

"Good." She nodded. "...I thank you for this opportunity to live again, even if you didn't mean it."

"I'll help you and this worthless excuse of a teacher become stronger." She decided. "Make sure to use my Grimoire more often, maybe you'll unlock something new."

"Thanks Medea." I nodded.

"It's not a problem." She decided. "This is, as strange as it is, much better than my last life."

"Damn Jason..." She growled to herself.

I figured that was a good sign that I should leave. I told them goodbye, heading back to the real world. Only an hour had passed back here.

The rest of that night was uneventful, but when we woke up it was now time to examine Xena. Once I assured her that I would be there and that Irene wasn't like those other scientists, she agreed.

Lily, Erica, Irene, Xena and I all stood in the scientist lab once again. Xena clutched onto my hand, scared. I held her hand, reassuring her it would be fine. We walked up to the scanner which Irene had had to scan me earlier.

"This is our scanner." Irene stated, looking at Xena. "Those scientists needed to obtain your blood to examine the magical energy inside. This is a better piece of equipment which records the magical energy with a bunch of scanners."

"There won't be anything that will hurt you." Irene promised. "It's completely harmless. There will just be lasers that will scan you, and they won't physically touch you. Are you alright with this?"

"...y-yeh." She slowly nodded, mustering up her courage. "I-I'll do it."

Irene nodded. Xena looked at me once more, before letting go of my hand and bravely walked onto the scanner, closing her eyes shut.

Irene started the scanner. It started to scan her, and after a few seconds it was over. Xena opened her eyes, looking around.

"It's over." I smiled. "Good job."

She ran up to me, giving me a hug before she hugged Lily as well. "Good girl." Lily whispered, patting her on the head while Erica smiled at the sight.

"Amazing." Irene stated. "The magical energy shot off the charts, just like it did with Ken. It's an X Rank."

"W-wat does that mean?" Xena cutely asked.

"It means you have lots of potential to be strong if you wish." Lily smiled.

Irene nodded. "I'm going to order an adventurer card from the Guild. While it won't completely work since her Arcana is an X Rank, it should hopefully give us information about what her Arcana is and the powers she has."

Irene pulled out her phone, quickly typing something before putting it away. She walked up to me, whispering in my ear.

"I'll also get the adoption thing sorted out. You and Lily take Xena out so it can be a surprise. And while you're out go by the Guild and pick up the card. I'll let you know when it's ready." She decided.

"Seriously?" I whispered back. "Thanks, Irene."

"She'll be my daughter, so of course." Irene replied. "Even though Lily will be her official, legal mother...how annoying."

I lightly chuckled at that.

"Hey, Xena." I said. "Do you want me to show you around Tokyo?"

"Really?!" She looked up to me with sparkling eyes.

"Yeah." I smiled. "Lily and I will tour you around Tokyo."

"Yeah!" Xena happily smiled.

Wow...this reminded me of when I first met Erica, when she was still pretending to be a man.

"Alright, let's go." I decided.