(third year) Ch. 29 Charlie Weasley

"He really likes you! I don't think he's left your side since yesterday."

"Yeah, I guess he does." Blaze was snuggled up on Dean's shoulder, quietly surveying the Great Hall with his bright yellow eyes. He had refused to leave Dean's side ever since he saw him. Guess I picked out the right gift.

The Hall was buzzing with everyone's voices all jumbled together. No one really showed up for breakfast (it was the weekend) but for some reason Dumbledore sat at the head of the teacher's table, quietly eating his toast by himself.

"Where's, Blaze sleeping by the way?" It had just then occurred to me that I had failed to get a basket or at least a pillow for Blaze to sleep on.

"Oh, he slept at the foot of my bed. Hugging my feet actually."

Dean reached up and softly scratched Blaze's chin, he purred like a cat and snuggled into Dean's hand.

"Guys!" Lav came running over to us, clearly panicking and out of breath. "Hi."

"Hey Lav, what's wrong?"

"Wrong? Nothings- I'm good" she lied sloppily.

"Okaaayyyy." Dean and I looked at each other with our eyebrows raised, even Blaze cocked his head to the side.

"Really, I'm fine. But could I talk to you Shay? It's really really important." Her eyes were pleading with me, which scared the shit put of me.

"Ok ok. Bye Blaze!"

"Thank you!"

Lave grabbed me by the arm and dragged me out of my seat, but not before I was able to grab a piece of my toast. She pulled me along across most of the castle before she stopped in an empty corridor.

"What's going o-"

"Shh!" Lav looked around us quickly before continuing. "Do you know Claire from Ravenclaw?"

"Umm, barely. I have two classes with her and she sits across the room."

"That's good enough. So, I was in the bathroom this morning and I heard her talking to this other girl Marie. They were talking about their crushes and whatever, but they were planning something!"

I raised by eyebrows in confusion. "Ok?"

"I'm getting there! They were talking about Claire planning to ask Parvati out!"

Oh shit.

"They're trying to get information out of Padma!"

Lav was gripping my arms with such intensity that I had bruises for weeks.

"Ok, ok. First of all, calm down. It's all going to be fine. Second of all, Parvati doesn't even know these girls! Why would she accept a date offer if she doesn't know them?"

"Yeah I know you're right but I'm absolutely freaking the fuck out! If she dates one of them I'll know she doesn't like me!"

"You'll never know if she likes you unless you ask her!"

"Hey," she pointed a finger in my face threateningly. "Suggest that again and I'll tell Dean everything."

"You wouldn't dare."

"I would!" Lav was grinning and soon I began to laugh. We forgot about the perils of Parvati liking someone else for the moment.

~~~

The next month passed in a blur of studying, homework, and depression. Exams were coming up after spring break and the teachers were trying very very hard to "prepare" us by giving us the most work of our lives. Spring break was coming up and I was overjoyed.