(third year) Ch. 25 The Christmas Holidays Pt. 1

(I tried to fit all of this is one chapter, so it's kind of long, but there is going to be a second part. Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes, I wrote this in one sitting and didn't really look over it.)

The holidays were coming up but no one could enjoy the usually decorations. Ever since the whole Fat Lady incident, the castle was on lockdown. Trolls paraded the hallways, ghosts and portraits alike were on constant look out, and teachers could be seen showing suits of armor pictures of Sirius Black. All of this being said, that doesn't mean that no one was excited. Parents were overeager to bring their children home for a few weeks once they heard about Black in the school, some even wanted to have their kids dropout. Because of this, Hogwarts was going to be almost empty since most kids, myself included, had extremely worried parents.

On the day before Christmas break, Lav and I were sitting in the Common Room talking about death and disaster. Stuff two thirteen year olds shouldn't be worrying about. We weren't that hyped about the upcoming holidays. For me it meant going back to my alcoholic father who, according to mam, wasn't doing any better. And for Lav it meant her plan to come out to her parents was finally going to be put in action.

"Ok, repeat after me. Mom, dad, I have something to tell you."

"Mom, dad, I have something to tell you." Lav repeated.

"Good. I've been wanting to say this for a long time."

"I've been wanting to say this for a long time."

"I am gay."

"I'm gay."

"Perfect! Now just say everything back to me one more time."

"Mom, dad, I have something to tell - something to tell-" she stammered. "Ughh! This is useless! I can't do it!"

Lav slumped back into the armchair, dragging her hands across her face in exasperation.

"You can do it Lav! They're your parents! They'll love you no matter what."

"That's easy for you to say! You're only out to me and that was an accident! I'm going to make a complete fool of myself."

"Listen, Lav," I scooted over to her and put my arm around her shoulders in reassurance. "You won't make a fool of yourself. If they don't accept you for what you are then fuck them! You'll still have me and Dean, and Parvati! We won't leave you no matter what."

"Thanks Shay." Lav wrapped her arms around me and we hugged each other for a few seconds in comfortable silence.

When we broke away from each other a few tears were spilling onto her face but she wore a bright smile. She wiped her tears away and stood.

"I'm good now. But if anything bad happens I'm staying at your house."

I laughed. "Of course."

~~~

"I'll have to send you your gifts since my family's spending the vacation in the Bahamas." Said Dean.

"Ok. Don't get eaten by a shark."

He smiled. "You'd like that wouldn't you?"

He gave me a quick, tight hug before disappearing into the crowed.

I craned my neck, trying to find mam through all of the wizards greeting their kids. After a few minutes of searching, I found her standing near Fergus and talking excitedly with him.

"Mam!" I quickly weaved my way through the students and parents, all carrying heavy luggage and occasionally a cat by the scruff of its neck.

"Seamus!" She pulled me into a hug, kissing my head before putting me at arms length to get a good look at me. "Let me look at you! I think you've grown!"