(first year) Ch. 12 So That's The Reason Quirral Wore That

( I looked it up and Seamus' birthday is in March, so the beginning of this chapter will be about that)

Saturday morning, minding my own business in the bathroom, just brushing my teeth, when two VERY rude people burst through the door.

"Happy birthday, Seamus!" Neville shouted as he leaped towards me at top speed.

A flash of robes, Neville's grinning face, and suddenly I was on the ground with my head on the cold tiles.

"Bloody hell! Are you two trying to kill me?!"

Dean stood over me, a crooked grin on his face. No doubt Neville almost crushing me to death was his idea. "Not particularly. But that would be a bonus."

"Shut up, Thomas." I pushed Neville over and pulled myself up by Dean's outstretched hand. I tried to look furious but I was wearing my bathrobe and had toothpaste running down the side of my face, so I ended up grinning instead.

"Here!" Neville shoved a package into my arms, jumping around me like an excited puppy. "I won't kill you but we picked it out ourselves! Well, your mum did tell us some thing you'd like."

"Sounds like mam." I mumbled. When I ripped open the brown paper, staring up at me was an assortment of candy worthy of Willy Wonka. Licorice wands, every flavored beans, chocolate frogs, and basically everything that could come out of a candy store. Hidden at the bottom was a pair of red and yellow socks. I held them up and raised my eyebrows, "She told you to get these?"

Dean pulled something from behind his back and threw it at my face, "Yep! This too!"

Underpants, seriously?

"You're enjoying humiliating me don't you?"

"You know it!"

I peeled the underpants off my face (they had little lions on them!) and tossed them at Neville who tried to catch it but only ended up falling on his butt in the shower. A few seconds later he emerged waving the underpants above his head like a flag.

"Well happy birthday, Seamus!" Dean clapped me hard on the shoulder, like some weird imitation of dad.

"Yeah, thanks guys. Underpants and all. Are you trying to steal my sweets Neville!"

Harry, Ron, and Hermione had been disappearing for months now, always coming back with House points taken away and a week's worth of detention. Once they even came back and started to follow Snape everywhere. It always struck me as odd considering Hermione would tell you off  if you left a book out but it never really harmed me. At the end of the year however, something happened that I never expected to in the safety of Hogwarts.

Word travels fast at Hogwarts, ghosts and portraits loved to be the first to tell the latest gossip, so within a couple hours everyone in the school knew that Harry defeated Voldemort again. Only now he wasn't a baby.

Quirrel, the nervous stuttering professor who always wore the same turban, turned out to have Voldemort's face growing out of the back of his head. Having another voice nagging about what you need to do 24/7 sounded like the perfect way to go crazy, must've sounded like mam when I forgot to clean my room.

Hermione and Ron got out of the fight with Quirrel practically unscathed, though apparently they almost got crushed by chess pieces. Harry wasn't so lucky to be crushed by a stone knight on horseback, his life almost burned away and was in the Hospital Wing in a deep coma.

"I swear Pomfrey'll kick us out."

Harry was covered in half-healed cuts and bruises. Bandaged practically covered him from head to toe and his lightning scar looked fresh.