(second year) Ch. 18 We Are in Danger

(First of all let me apologize that this has taken me so long to update. And secondly I'm running out of ideas for second year so I'm gonna try to speed run this.)

Rumors about Harry being the heir of Slytherin started to fly within a few hours, as anything interesting does at Hogwarts. If I'm being honest, it made sense for him to be the heir. He spoke Parseltongue (the language of dark wizards) and two muggleborns that annoyed him were found petrified. I didn't really believe the rumors any, after all he was Gryffindor not Slytherin. But it was a little harder for other people to be convinced.

We were all paranoid, all worried that we could be petrified or even killed next. This led to fights breaking out in halls, at least two attempted murders, a dozen kids being pulled out of school, and Harry being verbally attacked every five seconds.

"SHUT YOUR LYING MOUTH, THOMAS!" Ron roared.

"HOW CAN I BE SURE HE'S NOT THE HEIR!" Dean roared back.

"BECAUSE HE'S OUR FRIEND YOU GIT!"

I had a wonderful view of my two friends screaming at each other from where I was cowering behind Hermione.

"NO FRIEND OF MINE COULD KILL ME!"

"HE WON'T KILL YOU!"

"PETRIFY ME THEN!"

"NO H-"

I must've had a death wish because I put my fears aside and stepped between Ron and Dean. Dean's dark eyes that were usually calm now blazed with anger I had never seen. Beads of sweat trickled down his forehead and he had his fist gripped around his wand. Ron was the same. His normally pale face was beat red and he breathed so heavily it looked like he was about to pass out.

"Stop it! The both of you!" I shouted. Hero moment of the century!

"How can he expect me to let Harry sleep in our dorm when he could petrify me?!" Dean shouted in response.

"He won't you piece of -"

"Ron!" I said with all the authority of McGonagall, causing everyone to stare in shock for a second. "How can we tell if it's true or not! Dean's just scared!"

"So you're taking his side?!"

"Of course I am, he's just paranoid like the rest of us! Don't blame him for being worried."

"Fine," Ron huffed in annoyance "but if he claims one more time that Harry's the heir I'll make him wish he was petrified!"

He stormed out of the portrait hole, leaving a shouting Fat Lady behind.

"Dean," I said soothingly, putting my hand on his arm in an effort to calm him down. He yanked it away from me right away.

"I'm fine!" His eyes were still angry as he turned and marched up the stairs. "I'll be upstairs."

And there I was left in the Common Room with an apologetic Hermione and twenty people staring at me.

Every time Harry would pass us in the halls, Dean would glare at him along with the rest of the school. There seemed to be no one left in the school apart from a few Gryffindor's that were convinced of his innocence. No matter how hard I tried to calm him down his anger would turn on me; he would say that I could never understand what he was going through because I was half-blood. Although it was true, it hurt that he wouldn't even try to let me understand.

Since the rumors started to spread Dean and I slept in the same bed. His nightmares only got worse when he thought the Heir of Slytherin was sleeping in the same room. Somehow my presence had the power to calm him down enough to fall into a restless sleep. Ron did say some rude shit about it once he found out, but he was quickly shut up by Hermione hitting him with a book.

Teachers started to talk about the school closing which scared me more then anything.

~some time passes~

Hermione lay there on the white hospital bed, her arm stuck out and her face frozen in shock. I couldn't believe it. She was petrified.

Dean stood beside me staring at her. He must've been in some form of shock.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled.

"For what?"

"For thinking that Harry was the heir," he sighed. "He couldn't be, could he? How could he petrify Hermione? He couldn't."

"Glad you finally realized that."

We stood in silence for a few seconds.

"Will she get better?" He asked.

"They've got mandrakes growing for the cure, she will be."

~some more time passes~

"Did you hear?! Did you hear?!" A first year comes running into the Common Room where the whole House is sitting quietly. "A girl was taken by the Heir of Slytherin!"

The room goes up in gasps and shocked shouts. The heir had taken a victim.

"Who?!" Someone shouts.

"Ginny Weasley! Into the Chamber of Secrets!"

Dean, Lavender and I share a freighted look. Ginny.

(This is really all I have for Second Year. Please give me any suggestions.)