Three | Chance With You

Start from the beginning

I look over, seeing him stare at my white-knuckled fist. "I don't get so easily pissed off," I mumble, seeing his head tilt back and his eyes hooded.

"Come on, we are going to play lacrosse." Dylan taps me on the shoulder and I start laughing at his face. He always gets me with these jokes. I look up at him and his face is serious. "Oh... you are not joking." My voice cracks. He shakes his head left to right. Does he think I'm playing?

Atlas starts to walk out of my door and I get a whiff of chocolate. I follow behind the two and I come to notice Ethan in the kitchen... baking?

I clear my throat to get his attention and he looks directly at me. Like he's watching my soul. "Your friends are here again." Even his voice annoys me. I seriously wish I could kill him.

"It's my apartment more than it is yours, Ethan." I correct him as I own 75% of the apartment. Ethan has a problem with fucking everything. I am so close to stabbing him.

"What's going on here?" My eyebrows furrow as I question him while Atlas is near the oven watching whatever is baking. "I'm making brownies." He replies. Ethan has not once baked or even cooked. He can make coffee and that's it, but it's never good coffee. It tastes like burnt dirt.

Maybe he poisoned the brownies.

He looks me in the eye and notices that I'm still a bit confused. "For Indra. You know to say I am sorry." Someone give me a plate, I'm going to throw it at his face! I take a deep breath from my nose in order to contain the amount of hatred I have for him. "She loves them."

No, she doesn't. She loves pies with fruits in them. Preferably cherry or strawberry with whipped cream, but she wouldn't mind apples either. She especially loves Veronica's homemade Strawberry pie. But he wouldn't know, would he?

I walk out of the apartment as Dylan drags Atlas out with him because who am I to say something?

She chose him over me anyway.
And unfortunately, it's going to be like that for a while.

⋆⋅☆⋅⋆

Dylan and Atlas are competing while I just sit on the bench with a cigarette placed between my lips. Lacrosse isn't exactly my strong suit. I tried out for the team in high school, but I never got in.

Dylan is exceptionally good at it. Unlike me, he made it onto the team. He played since Freshman year and eventually became vice captain. I'm surprised that he was my friend in high school. Now we're finishing college, yet we are still friends.

Atlas and I have been friends longer. Almost our entire lives. He moved schools when I was in the sixth grade and he was in the fifth. He still acted like a four-year-old back then.

Both Atlas and I came to NYU as it is close to home and there is nothing I hate more than being home sick.

It's also great that we came here because if we hadn't I wouldn't have met Indra.

When I first saw her on campus grounds she looked familiar. Like I have known her for years. Like I have read about her in a book. I realized I knew who she was the minute I walked into my apartment that rainy night. And then I knew who she was every other day when she would hang out with Ethan and my heart was crushed into ashes. I thought that if I ignored her, my little crush would eventually crush too.