𝘕𝘰 𝘳𝘦𝘨𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘴 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘬𝘴

𝐏𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, and a familiar scene was played out where the kids were in the back of the ambulance with shock blankets wrapped around them, as Lucy, Michael, and Lucy's father talked with the police. The Emerson household was once again broken, which meant that it had to be repaired once again which felt deja vu. 

The night didn't last long, Y/n was now not missing; Megan, and Y/n's mom was happy she came back, that night the three S/l girls slept on the living room together, it was comforting since it was all of them once again as a family.

The Emersons still manage to sleep on their rooms smoothly, with Lucy checking on her boys once in a while. The Frog brothers slept peacefully that night too knowing that they finally encountered vampires and defeated the big boss.

Everything was fine, everyone got the sleep they lacked for the past few nights. That was until a knock woke up Y/n from the sleeping bag from the living room. It was early in the morning and the skies were still blue, neither her sister nor mother heard the knock but eitherway it didn't seem like it wouldn't stop knocking unless you answer it.

And besides it must be urgent or something about the incident last night, so the girl took her time to carefully get out of the sleeping bag trying not to wake anyone up. She then opened the door to be shocked who was outside.

It was Ken, he looked different, instead of his typical greasy raven hair that is swept all the way back with only a few baby hairs acting as his bangs his hair was smooth now, it had no gel and it looked fluffy yet it was a clean cut, no hair touching his face. Instead of being greeted with his typical hair color it seemed like it was dyed back to his original hair color, which was a lighter brown. 

His leather and punk style was no more as he was wearing something more formal. A polo shirt, and trousers with polished black shoes. Y/n was surprised at his new appearance. "You look.. Different?"  Y/n chuckled while rubbing her eyes, "Thanks. You look different too" Ken laughed back, "It's morning hair, alright?" the girl laughed along with him. "Why did you come here? Unless you wanna show off your new style?" Y/n teased while playing with the door, opening it then closing it slightly. 

"Well Uh I just wanna say thank you, before I leave Santa Carla, forever" he hesitated to say the last part, but Y/n nodded understanding the reason why, "Can we walk?" Ken scratched his neck nervously before Y/n looked behind and back at the boy, "Sure if you can give me a second" 

"You know I just wanna thank you" Ken and Y/n were walking the empty streets in the neighbourhood, "Your story appeared a small part in the news, about the Emerson household, and all of that stuff. And that one of my friends were finally found" Ken explained, "And I've noticed I went back to normal" he added, "And I knew that you guys stopped the guy who turned us", "I guess we did" Y/n let out a huff along with a smile. 

"So uh, thank you, you know? It's been a journey. If I didn't meet you I think I would still be with those boys." He awkwardly thanked, "Yeah, no problem." Y/n didn't know how to respond either, "Where are you headed to now?" the girl questioned.

It was quiet for a bit before Ken decided to answer, "I recently visited my grandma who heard about what happened to me here in Santa Carla. She wants me to leave immediately so she uh funded my enrollment fee for a elite school in a different state, not in Cali." he informed, "Damn, those are expensive" the H/c girl sat on the small side walk, feeling a bit tired from their walk. 

"Yeah it is" Ken wiped the sidewalk before sitting down besides her, "Well I wish you luck there, Ken." Y/n looked at the boy directly, finally noticing the small features she never noticed before, "How about you? Still staying here in Cali?"he questioned, but it just made Y/n frown, "About that" she had a look on her face that said "no"

"Your mom doesn't want you to stay here as well doesn't she?" Ken's smile faded as well and shared the frustration with her, "No, she wants a new start, but I was already liking it here. Now I have to leave it again" the H/c haired girl ut her fingers through her hair and let her elbows rest on her thighs, "So why can't you tell her that?" Ken fiddled with his arms before looking behind him and reaching for a leaf from a bush. "Because everything in our family is getting better now. We're all getting close again" Y/n mumbled, as Ken started tearing the leaf he got one by one.

"Santa carla is a nice place, I get it why it's hard to leave. It's very productive here" Ken added, "Yeah, and not only that", "Alan? Edgar? Sam?" he finished her sentence, "Yeah, I get it" Ken chuckled in a somber tone while continuing to destroy the leaf. "Where are you guys planning to move then?" the brunette boy questioned, "Uh dunno, I just know it would be a more enclosed area so that you know.. The more small the area is the more close you are to your family and stuff" Y/n laughed at her own words but shrugged it off, "So like a city, maybe" she continued, "Ah"was all Ken could say back.

"How are you gonna tell that to them?" Ken was curious, it was hard letting go of friends, "I still haven't figured that out" Y/n whispered, starting to think on how to approach them about it. "Well I wish you luck on that too. On the bright side you'll meet more people on the city." he reassured her, moving out wasn't always bad though it was a tough choice to do since it's leaving people you knew there and the attachment you grew for the town.

"I've gotta go." Ken stood up, nevertheless Y/n stayed sitting down, "Will I see you again?" Y/n looked at him with squinted eyes since the sun was about to rise, "Maybe" Ken looked at her with squinted eyes as well since the sun was starting to hit them, "So then.. Whenever I see you on the billboards as a successful man then?" Y/n teased, "That's flattering" the brunette chuckled and lended his hand for the girl to take so that she could get up, "Let's get you home" Ken softly spoke, "But whereever the wind takes me I guess, and If we see each other in that journey, then we could be friends all over again" the boy chuckled, "So are you saying you're going to leave Santa Carla by breaking off your relationship with everyone?" the girl  looked besides her, "Kinda, it's the best way not to get hurt you know.. Maybe it's best if I just remembered everyone as strangers so I wouldn't get emotional about it" Y/n frowned at his answer yet a part of her understood it.

"Didn't know you were emotional" Y/n looked back at the path ahead of her, "Now you do" Ken shook his head before the two walked peacefully home.

"𝐈 𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓 𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄" Y/n put her hands on her waist as she looks up at the Emerson household to see the trio fixing the roof. "Glad you came we need a hand" Edgar yelled from the roof, which urged the girl to take the ladder to join them upstairs. 

"You're late" Edgar continued hammering whatever he was trying to nail down, "I didn't know I was invited in the first place" Y/n got up to the roof and sat beside Sam, "Mr. Emerson told us to help with the repairing of the house so he gave us the roof business, till this guy came along" he pointed towards Sam, "This is my house too" Sam continued using his hammer as well, "Yeah but Mr. Emerson said only us, you were suppose to help fix the floor downstairs." Edgar argued before taking a couple of nails from the bucket and putting it between his lip as he continued fixing the roof. 

Alan in the other hand was painting the roof a fresh coat of color, since the previous color was somewhat fading for the amount of years it wasn't really properly cleaned. "Say hear me out" Y/n laid down sideways as the boys slightly huddle up towards her, "What about we go swimming tomorrow, I mean we deserve an award anyways" the girl took out a bag of candy from her pocket and began eating the jelly beans inside of it, "You still haven't moved on from that haven't you?" Alan stood up and began walking towards unpainted parts of the roof. 

"Ever since I went to Santa Carla I never swam, and there's a beach in front of the boardwalk, literally" Y/n explained before shoving another jelly bean on her mouth, "Okay fine, but you all need to listen to me, me and my brother have been here for years so we know the perfect beach experience" Edgar did his deep voice once again. "Okay so what's the secret" the girl quizzed the boy, "So first we go to the movies, then after the movies we need to lay down a blanket before the afternoon comes, then we eat, after eating we rest a bit, read a few comics then finally when it's somewhat afternoon, people will start to leave and we can swim, then when the skies are orange we take a break, then get surfboards and try surfing in the night" Edgar whispered like it was an important secret, "Boo" Y/n joked while throwing jelly beans on him which Edgar manage to catch three before eating it for himself and giving her a furrowed look.

"You just want to  watch a movie don't you?" Y/n laughed before taking a few more jelly beans, "Come on, I'm serious, that's everyone's ideal beach journey", "Why the movie?" Sam cut off the Frog brother, "Because it's a good way to waste your time before you actually go to the beach" Alan answered it for his brother with a cheeky smile, "It is" Edgar echoed. 

"We don't even know how to surf" Y/n added, "Just trust me, no one in this group knows how to surf but that's the best part you know?" Edgar mumbled before going back to work, "Yeah drowning is the best part" Sam joked while continuing his work before Y/n snorted at his comment, "Well that depends on you if you can't swim, of course you're going to drown" Edgar retorted at the boy. "Well whatever, whether you agree or not we're still doing it, and you two are free to join me and my brother" the Frog brother added, "Who said we weren't going though?" Y/n sat properly and continued eating her jelly beans, "Never said you agreed or not" Edgar fought back.

"Boys!" Lucy called which made the four friends peak from the roof to look down below, "Oh, Y/n" Lucy was surprised to see the girl's presence, "Lemonade and sandwich is ready, Y/n you can take Michael's for now while he's not home" Lucy informed before going back in the house, "That better not be poisoned" Sam teased before looking back at the group, "You don't get no sandwich, all you did was distract all of us" Edgar stated jokingly yet he still kept his stern voice, "C'mon let's eat" Sam began walking down the ladder before follow by everyone else.