𝘈 𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘮𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘵

𝐘/𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑, she groaned as the aftermath and leaned on to the comic book aisle

𝐘/𝐍 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐂𝐇𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐎𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐈𝐑, she groaned as the aftermath and leaned on to the comic book aisle. She was waiting for Sam Emerson to come around again. Though unspoken the Frog brothers, Sam Emerson, and Y/n S/n always went to the Frog's comic store as a hangout spot, it became a routine that everyone knew that they'll always gather up to that area. Edgar and Alan took their time to walk outside to the boardwalk; the bored girl followed them to be greeted by the heat of California sun and faint noises of people going to the beach. Being as it was hot every summer morning in Santa Carla, California; it's normal for the beaches to be crowded by girls and boys, kids and adults to bond and hangout at the beach to get rid of the heat. 

She was greeted by the scene of Edgar and Alan talking to a driver of a truck who had a bunch of crates and closed boxes of what seems to be, comics. She eventually approached them while squinting her eyes due to the lights. "Need help?" Y/n offered after Edgar finishes his few words towards the truck driver, "It's appreciated." Alan answered, "Don't you have a job to attend to?" Edgar questioned as he opened the tailgate of the truck as the driver of the truck took a cigarette and stopped the engines. "Oh, since it was my first day yesterday the manager kind of felt bad that I had to suddenly work the second I got hired so he gave me a schedule and I don't have work today thankfully. He got a couple of new waitresses as well so I don't have to work everyday." Y/n explained and peaked at the boxes and crates  behind Edgar. "Here take this." Edgar got a heavy closed box and quickly shoved it to Y/n, "Easy." she slowly walked back to the comic store.

She hurriedly placed the box down on a empty chair since her hands were shaking on the weight, which made her wonder how many comics were in the box. Eitherway it was necessary for the Frog brothers to restock since there were a lot of empty areas in some aisles and shelves of the store, "Careful." Alan came in with a somewhat lighter box, "That's not fair, you got to carry a feather." Y/n pounted and knelt down besides the chair that had the box she carried, "It's not a feather, Y/n" Alan didn't seem to get it. Y/n just stayed silent not knowing why most of her sarcasm wasn't working. "Come on, there are more boxes." Edgar shouted, which made Y/n ponder if it was a good idea to volunteer to help the Frog brothers. 

Y/n stood up and walk side by side with Alan as the two were greeted by the warm yet uncomfortable temperature, the loud cheerful laughs and shouts of everyone by the beach made Y/n envious because they are protected from the heatwave. Edgar was now on top of the back of the truck attempting to quality check the comic books in each box which made Y/n think why he didn't quality check her box?

"That one there has been checked." Edgar pointed at the box besides him, Y/n then crawled on the truck as well to reach for the box, "Do I get paid for this?" Y/n spoke after discovering the weight of the box, "Very funny." Edgar sarcastically commented.

Y/n proceeded to get down with a grunt. She did the same process by going back to the comic store and place the box besides the chair to where she put the previous box. She could feel the sweat dripping from her forehead and felt her back, soaked. The weather conditions weren't helping her with carrying these boxes around.

Soon after Edgar and Alan appeared pushing a crate on the floor, "That's no fair, why couldn't I carry the boxes like that?" Y/n pouted in a playful way, "Because boxes are thinner and you're gonna damage the comics." Edgar explained as he and Alan went to the backrooms. "I'm not gonna move the boxes there right?" Y/n questioned since the chair was at the entrace of the shop and further from the backroom. She received no response so she took it as a "Yes" and groaned, then prompted herself to get up to pick up the box from the chair. 

"𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓." A familiar voice entered and she saw a familiar blonde, Sam. "Mr. Phoenix." She moved out of the way for him to hold the other corner of the box, "What's in this gold?" Sam chuckled which made Y/n smile as well. "No actually." Edgar came back from the backrooms and took the box from both the H/c girl and Blonde boy's hands. "Nice to see you too." Sam let go of the box; Edgar in the other hand squinted his eyes at Sam once more then went back to the backrooms with Alan supporting the heavy box. "Sorry about yesterday, that I didn't get to hangout with you guys and all." Y/n punched her empty palm as a way to fidget around. "Don't worry about it." Sam gave a reassuring smile, "So Mr. Phoenix? Why have you returned? Did you finally realize that something is wrong with this town?" Edgar questioned back with a suspicious look.

Both Alan and Edgar still ponder whether the Emersons might be part with the vampires. "Uh no, actually, everything is still going great." He smiled and the two brother look among themselves once more. "Can we go get a lemonade or a cold drink? It's so hot..." Y/n stretched once more, "Yeah we should." Sam smiled at the idea, "I had to walk my way here again." He hinted that his grandpa made him and Y/n walk to the boardwalk yesterday. 

"I don't know." Alan spoke with furrowed eyebrows at Sam, "Yeah." Edgar backed him up, "Are you guys just gonna stay in here forever?" Y/n teased, "No." Edgar replied rather defensively, "Then take a break." Y/n added, "Fine, in one condition," Edgar crossed his arms on his chest, "You pay for us." Edgar kept his grin while Alan lightly chuckled, "But, I haven't gotten my paycheck." Y/n groaned and looked through her pocket for her wallet.

"I've got this. I'll pay for everyone." Sam offered and he gave a cheeky smile at Edgar and Alan since he knew that the brothers had mixed feelings about him, Edgar was about to object when Y/n walked out which gestured Sam to follow after her.

"𝐔𝐆𝐇, 𝐖𝐇𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐌𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄?" Y/n mumbled to herself as she walked along sidde with the Frog brothers and Emerson. "Isn't it obvious? It's hot." Edgar answered rather sternly, Y/n just looked at him with a confused look since he didn't understand the sarcasm like his brother earlier. "Is it usually this busy at the beach?" Sam looked at the crowded shores, "Usually." Alan answered, "This is a beach town, you do know that?" Edgar added, "Right." Sam continued observing the people.

"Can we swim?" Y/n pouted since it felt nice to swim and just sink herself to the feeling of cold fresh water, "What? This is such a bad hour to swim." Edgar looked at her in disbelief which made Y/n look at him quickly.

"Why?" she was genuinely confused, "Because can't you see that?" Alan pointed at the shores filled with people enjoying their time, "They seem like they're having fun to me." Sam shrugged, "No, it's crowded." Edgar corrected, "Okay if you're an expert what time is the best time to swim?" Y/n snickered, "Around 3PM." Alan responded.

"You're kidding." Y/n gave a confused expression, "Am not." Alan replied, "Then why?" Sam inquired back, "Because there is less people." Edgar retaliated, "Yeah but it'll loose it's point." Sam looked at the brothers confused.

"You're one to talk. We've  been living here for years, we know our ways around this place." Edgar cockily uttered, "Besides why would it loose it's point? You still get to swim." Edgar proclaimed. "Well the only reason why people are swimming at these hours is because it's hot, Edgar." Y/n disputed, "Swimming is still swimming." He stayed true to his belief which made Sam even more confused. Though this was a odd conversation, Y/n wanted to treasure moments like these and hope they would last forever.