𝘚𝘶𝘴𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘴

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐌𝐒𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐇 𝐍𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐇, "What kind of beach town doesn't sell iced lemonades?" Y/n questioned as she licked her vanilla ice cream, "Santa Carla." Edgar replied through licks of his strawberry icecream, "The ice cream taste amazing though." Sam commented. The whole group sat on a spot where the shore and ocean is at their view so everyone just observed other guests enjoying their time splashing the water and swimming. 

"Can we really swim though?" Y/n stopped enjoying her ice cream to speak she didn't want to change the topic because of jealousy; her thoughts just genuinely moreover quickly moved on to the fact that the temperature was bothering her badly, "This is such a bad time to swim." Alan commented, "How? It's so hot." Y/n pointed as the iching urge of jumping to the water was bothering her mind, "I already said it's a bad time." Edgar defended his brother. "Besides we have unpacking to do." Edgar added referring to the pile of boxes of unpacked and untouched fresh comics. "What do you have in stock?" Sam questioned; considering on whether to buy a comic. "Do you really think we remember each comic in those boxes?" Alan looked at Sam with his same stern face that he gives to Sam.

"What happens after this?" Y/n continued licking her half melted ice cream. "Nothing," Edgar spoke, "we go home and you do you." Alan continued, "Can we swim?" Y/n nagged once more, "You can swim." Alan declared, "Yeah, no one is stopping you anyways." Edgar stopped licking his ice cream. He ate ice cream in a messy way, which meant there were bits of ice cream soiled around his mouth, he didn't seem to feel the cold texture of the ice cream around his mouth since he didn't bother wiping it away. "Man is that what you guys do everyday in boardwalk?" Sam perked up and the brother looked at him slowly with squinted eyes, "Then what do you do huh?" Edgar asked. "Go around town and actually having fun." Sam teased but the brothers were unbothered with his teasing.

"Child's play." Edgar shook his head with a scoff and Alan snickered which gained a confused look from the poor blonde once more, "What do you mean?", "Because our day is more productive than yours, clearly." Edgar honestly announced, "We work, you play around in swings." Alan teased which made Sam chuckled, "Oh yeah?" he spoke with skeptism, "Oh yeah." Edgar squinted his eyes. "I think that's the problem, you two work too much." Y/n joined in as she clapped her hands to get rid of the tiny cone crumbs. "She's on my side, that's an automatic win." Sam cockily remarked, "That's 2 against 2, do the math Mr. Phoenix." Edgar played along but his serious and doubtful expression stayed as he stared at the blonde Emerson brother. "No I'm actually serious you two work to much that's why we should all go swimming tomorrow." Y/n proposed which got a look of incomprehension from the Frog brothers. "Never mind." She continued looking at the shore once more.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐍𝐃𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐄, "Hey uh, I've got to go." Sam stated which made everyone look at him, "My mom wants me to run some chores at home since no one is home and she's at her new work." He explained, "I'll see you later at the concert? If there's one of course" Sam faced the H/c girl. And before she could reply Edgar manage to retaliate quickly, "What do you mean? There's always a concert booked every night." 

Sam looked at him, "Right." he mumbled, "Yeah sure. See you around Mr. Phoenix" Y/n smiled and closed the comic book she was reading and waved goodbye at the blonde. "Here." Edgar gave a pile of books, "What's this for?" Y/n looked at the pile of books she had in disbelief, "Help us restock." he walked away with his normal usual deep voice and same expression. "So do I work here now or?" Y/n received no response and began looking at each comic to see which place it should go. It was going to take awhile to put back everything.

Sam Emerson took his time to walk back home with thoughts about the productive day he had with his new friends; and just like Y/n despite the odd behaviour of the frog brothers he enjoyed the balanced company of both Y/n and the Frog brothers, in conclusion he wouldn't mind them gathering once again and hanging out everyday. Maybe moving isn't that bad as he thought? He was settling fine with his new friends that he didn't mind. He started contemplating about what would happen tomorrow, albeit his thoughts were disrupted when he saw his mother still at home. "Mom?" He perked up with confusion and she looked at him with a giggly smile, "Oh you're home." She hummed, "Sorry about telling you to come back to look for the house but I finished my shift real early, and I'm going to have a date with a guy I met. His name is Max" she giggled, "I just want to prepare everything of course." she fiddled with her hands, "Sure." Sam nodded, though he was curious to see who was Max. "Oh dear!" he heard before he could proceed to the steps.

"Everything alright?" Sam peaked, "No, I just accidentally realized that I brought home Max's jacket." Sam's mom uttered. "I should return it, he might use this for tonight and I wouldn't know." Lucy looks at Sam, "You can just return it when he comes later tonight." Sam responded, "Well yeah but what if this was suppose to be the jacket he'll wear tonight? We'll never know right?" Lucy looked at the jacket and the young Emerson wondered how his mother got "Max's" jacket in the first place, "Will you help me return it?" Lucy looked with pleading eyes and though he was about to object he knew that his mother would find a clever way to turn down all his objections. He groaned and stomped his way downstairs as Lucy smiled, "Thanks." She grinned and quickly skipped to the living room to pick up a cardigan and a purse. 

"𝐇𝐎𝐖'𝐃 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐆𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐂𝐄? Sam questioned his mother as she stopped the car, "We have an area there where we put our jackets and coats, I must've accidentally took this thinking it was my cardigan even though I was already wearing my cardigan." she explained and unbuckled her seat belt, "I'll be quick, after this I can treat you somewhere, we can go buy and shop for things you want." Lucy reassured Sam and the blonde boy wasn't in the mood so he just nodded and responded with a "Mm." as he put his elbow on the open window of his mother's car and then placed his chin on top of his palm as he view the skies waiting for his mother to visit Max.

All the walking, talking with his friends earlier made him tired and his eyes start to flutter as he stares at the blue sky with birds coming by once in a while. He forced his eyes to open wide but the weight of his lids kept fighing back. His body relaxed and he slowly drifted to sleep until a shrieking noise of his mother calling his name bolted him back up. He panted due to being scared and quickly looked at his mother's situation; without hesitation he immediately ran to open the gate for his mother by putting his arm over the picket fence. His mother ran out as fast as she could as Sam quickly slammed the door and quickly ran to the car as his mother ordered him to. 

Without coming to an end she quickly started the car and rode off though still frightened. Sam looked back by slightly putting his head out of the window to see if the dog is following them, "Was that Max's dog?" he panted and kept looking back; Lucy took a minute before she replied, "I think so," she was tempted to look back as well to see that that dog wasn't follow no more, "I guess I should just return this later." she threw the jacket behind her for it to land on the back seat, "What kind of dog is that." Sam mumbled in disbelief at the idea a dog was that rough, "At least he has a secure house." Lucy tried to take out the positive of the situation as she fixed her rear view mirror; she mostly looked at it over and over again to ensure that the dog wasn't chasing them.

Meanwhile Sam grew suspicious at the roughness of the dog, he's never seen a dog attack so hard like that, nor barked so loud as that. At the same time he knew something was up with that dog, that doesn't seem like a dog at all at least to his eyes. Right now he wanted nothing more than going home to research about that dog.