𝘔𝘪𝘥𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭

𝐈𝐓'𝐒 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 𝟑 𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐂𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐓 𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐑𝐒𝐎𝐍, and all she was doing to pass time was reading her books. It was already around 12 PM and Y/n was consciously looking at her time while pressuring herself to sleep albeit it didn't work so she decided to read books to pass time till she felt sleepy; what almost felt like an hour reading of books was only around 30 minutes, time felt very slow at least to the girl. She considered taking a midnight warm bath to soothe her so that she can fall asleep and once the idea came to mind she quickly filled her tub with the mixture of both warm and cold water.

Her mother was home in bed and her sister hasn't arrived home yet but it wasn't any surprise since her sister goes to the next town with a bunch of friends and they arrive around 3 in the morning to go sleep in her room and hangout a little bit and usually the slumber parties her sister hosts at 3 AM is infuriating since Y/n would wake up around those hours to hear them screaming and yelling at each other and treating it as if it's an actual party. Surprisingly their mother doesn't even wake up at the loud noises of girls screaming and drinking nearby. Neverthless Y/n had to deal with her sister's shenanigans since  there was no other choice other than dealing with it and accepting it. 

After the bath was filled with warm water Y/n didn't feel sleepy, though she did feel calm but other than that she didn't feel like she wanted to sleep, she eventually changed her clothes and got out of the bath to go back to her room to see that it was still 12 even though she already achieved a lot of things. She gave a silent groan and attempted to twist and turn to make her fall asleep but even that didn't help and eventually she heard the obnoxious noise of her sister's friends in their car-- screaming. The idea of her sister going home early wasn't going to help the poor Y/n pamper herself to sleep. 

𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐔𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐘 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐃 and Y/n knew that it was her sister's friends, however to her surprise she heard the door open to reveal her sober sister squinting her eyes to see if she was still awake, "Psst!" her Y/n's sister pestered, "What?" Y/n whispered, "Just got home from a party, we're going to the boardwalk to get food since we haven't gotten dinner yet, wanna tag along?"

Y/n's older sister had dyed raven hair and had messy eyeliner as if she cried, she had a few piercings located on the side of her nose and the side of her lips and wore an oversized hoodie that looked brand new. 

Y/n pondered for a bit whether she would like to tag along with her sister but since her sister seemed sober she decided to tag along. It's rare for her sister to be sober that's because in mornings she comes home with a headache and a horrible mood from all the drinking, then when she comes home at random hours of a working day she would mostly stay silent then leave again then would come back later night, drunk.

"Megan, it's 12 AM; boardwalk is probably closing up at these hours." Y/n explained but her sister Megan chuckled, "We always get food in these hours, loser. It's the best hours since they're closing up the shops and it's more peaceful, so c'mon you coward." her sister referred to as Megan invited. "You're gonna drive me there right?" Y/n got up and got her purse which has her savings, "It's just a 30 minute walk, we're gonna waste gas for the morning if we use it right now so we need to walk. Besides me and the girls need fresh air after being a cramped room." Megan tied her hair and proceeded to walk to her room where she called her friends. Megan and Y/n's sister relationship is neutural, the two barely talk and they get into quick banters especially whenever Y/n is being asked to wake up her sister or call her sister; mostly her sister would be sleeping whenver Y/n calls her sister and Megan would leave a grumpy response, however at the same time Megan likes giving Y/n a good time from time to time and sometimes inviting her to go walk with her to nearby places from their house whenever Megan didn't drink or when Megan wants alone time from her friends, and those moments Y/n treasured. In the end their relationship is neutral since they barely know each other personally, though they do bond when they get the chance.

The whole time they were walking to the boardwalk Megan's friends talked amongst themselves and didn't interact with Y/n, it was alright on the girl's part since all she needed right now was a peaceful midnight walk. Megan's friends were also whispering and giggling admist their group so it wasn't loud and infuriating. Megan's friends consist of mainly girls, they seem fine compared to Megan's guy friends who would pick on Y/n when they have a chance, of course the H/c girl didn't take Megan's guy friends' banter to heart but it constantly gets annoying especially when Y/n is the type of person who doesn't want to get disturbed especially when she's doing something. Megan's guy friends' banters consist of them stealing Y/n's comics or objects she's tampering with and then letting her chase them around with it; They would give it back after 2 days, that's if they remembered to bring it back and they weren't drunk when they stole it from her.

𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐕𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 it was tame, quiet, peaceful. Only a few people were left wondering as they all entered, "Alright girls here we are." Megan stated, "Hey we're going to get food there." she pointed at a restaurant but Y/n wasn't in a mood for a full meal, she preferred a snack right now, "Sure I'll go get snacks, I'm not really hungry hungry." Y/n gave a closed smile and put her hands in her pockets, "Can I have money?" Y/n added with fluttering eyes, "No." Megan spoke rather coldly and walked away with her friends which left Y/n awkwardly dangling in place, "Alright then." she mumbled to herself and began looking at the area to see if there were any food stalls open so she could purchase popcorn, or fries, or even an ice cream despite the freezing temperature.

The girl hummed to herself and opened her cigarette, at least it was somewhat still full so she could take a cigarette break later on when it gets even more chilly after she eats the snack of her choice. 

The boardwalk was about to close there were still a lot of stalls and shops open which meant there were a lot of choices Y/n could choose from for her snacks. She eventually settled for sweets and popcorn as she sat on bench looking up at the stars. However a thought came to her and she decided to walk to the comic store to look for the Frog brothers out of curiosity if they were still there at 12 midnight. Y/n looked at her watch which said it was around 1 AM and she ignored that this is the latest she'd been up; she proceeded to walk to the comic store to see it was being closed down by both Alan and Edgar but they lifted their heads to see a familiar girl, Y/n which was enough for them to angrily stomp their way towards her. "What are you still doing here at the middle of the night?" Edgar squinted his eyes, "I couldn't sleep." Y/n honestly answered, "You know it's dangerous for you to be here at night?" Edgar stated, "Yeah." Y/n took a popcorn, "So then why are you out here at night?" Alan added, "Because I can't sleep." Y/n gave a closed half smile and dangled to her place again, "This isn't going anywhere." Edgar groaned, "Can't you see there are vampires, everywhere." he added, "Yeah, you're right I'm sorry." Y/n played along, "You should head home, it's dangerous here." Alan spoke, "I will alright, I'll be fine." Y/n comforted them, "You better, because if you become vampire food we won't be there to save you." Edgar declared which received a nod from Alan, "Thanks, I'll keep that one in mind." Y/n scratched her back and said her goodnights just for the brothers to look at her with eyes saying "You better head home."

In all honesty Y/n was grateful for them looking out for her, she couldn't tell if they were using the vampire's exist excuse for Y/n to go home or if they're genuinely serious about vampires, eitherway Y/n accepted the fact that they were just looking out for her and didn't take what they said to heart.

𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 𝐁𝐀𝐂𝐊 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐁𝐎𝐀𝐑𝐃𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊 she saw familiar faces of the punks who were grinning at her earlier at 10 when she parted ways from the Emerson brothers. They were sitting on their motorcycles once more and they grinned at the sight of Y/n. What was so interesting about the girl they constantly gave mysterious and michevious grins towards her way? Y/n didn't know whether to wave back or to smile back but she decided to walk away and tried to avoid eye contact with the group and tried to find the restaurant where Megan claimed to be.