They drove for a few seconds until Allison sat up, "Lydia, stop. We need to go back and talk to them." She said and Lydia hit the breaks before they all looked through the back window to see the jeep had stopped too. "They stopped, too. Why would they stop?" Allison asked and Lydia scoffed, "It's Stiles and Scott! Do you really wanna try applying logic to those two?"

"Maybe we should go back-" Allison started to say but all of the sudden a terror-stricken deer charges right into Lydia's car, smashing through the windshield. The girls shriek. hands rising to shield themselves from shattering glass before quickly scrambling out the car.

"Are you okay?" Scott asked as he and Stiles ran up to the girls, "It came out of nowhere!" Lydia said. "Are you hurt?" Stiles asked worriedly, "It ran right into us!" Lydia said completely freaked out.

"Are you okay?" Scott asked as he gently grabbed Allison's arm and she looked at him for a moment and nodded, "I'm okay." She said and Lydia looked at them all with wide eyes. "Well, I'm not okay! I am totally freaking out! How the hell does it just run into us? I saw its eyes right before it hit us, and it was like it... It was like it was crazy."

Letting Allison go, Scott cautiously approaches the deer now lying still over the crumpled hood of Lydia's car, "No, it was scared." He said before slowly placing his hand in the deer.

"Actually, terrified."

"But we're not tired." Ronan and Maeve both said at the same time as Aurora directed them into their room. "Really? Then why are you yawning?" Aurora asked as Ronan let out a yawn, "I'm not yawning because I'm tired, I'm bored." Ronan said and Maeve pouted, "It's not even nine o'clock yet." She said and Aurora and nodded slightly before crouching down in front of them.

"Well, I let you guys stay up an extra hour most of the summer, but school starts tomorrow so it's back to eight-thirty... Which you've been falling asleep at most of the time anyways." Aurora said as she moved some hair out of her daughter's face while Ronan rubbed his face, looking that he could fall asleep standing up.

"Can Derek read us a story first?" Ronan asked and Aurora smiled softly, "Derek doesn't live with us anymore, remember?" Aurora said and Ronan pouted slightly. "Oh yeah." He mumbled and Aurora chuckled before picking him up and carrying over to his bed. "Mom?" Maeve asked as she climbed up onto her bed making Aurora look over at her, "Yeah?" Aurora asked.

"Is Derek your boyfriend? I heard Aunty Leah say he is." Maeve said as she pulled her blanket over ber and laided down making Aurora sigh. "No, Derek is not my boyfriend. He's just my friend." She said as she walked over to Maeve. "And never listen to what Aunty Leah says." Aurora said before leaning down to kiss Maeve's forehead.

"Can he be your boyfriend?" Ronan asked making Aurora laugh and shake his head, "Do either of you even know what a boyfriend is?" Aurora asked and Maeve nodded. "Yeah, it's your friend that you like enough for them to be our dad." She said and Aurora chuckled, "That's not how it works but that's very cute." Aurora said before walking over to Ronan and kissing the top of his head.

"Now go to bed." She said before walking over to a dresser and turning on a night light that shines stars up on the ceiling. "Goodnight my loves." Aurora said as she walked over to the door before glancing back at the twins, "Goodnight Sleeping Beauty." They both said making her smile at them before turning off the light and shutting the door.

Aurora closed her eyes and sighed softly before pulling her phone out and walking over to the kitchen.  "Anything yet?" Leah asked as Aurora walked up to the island and anxiously ran a hand through her hair. "Nothing, Derek hasn't heard from him either." Aurora said making Leah sigh as she pulled out a bottle of wine out of the fridge and grabbed a couple glasses.