"So formal," I muttered with a roll of my eyes. 

"How do you propose I apologize?" Leo asked in the same formal tone.

"Ugh," I groaned under my breath. "You can start by being the Leo I know." I gestured to him, "Not whatever it is I'm looking at now."

Leo didn't even flinch, he stood pokerfaced with a rigid posture. I had no idea what had gotten into him but it was not the day to ponder over it. I stiffly nodded and offered a small grin. "I appreciate the gift, it was very thoughtful of you," I spoke in the same formal tone he used. "If you'll excuse me, I've got to get to work."

"Do you want a ride?" Leo offered. 

"No thanks," I politely replied. "My car is already waiting for me."

"Should've guessed the Maybach was yours," Leo commented. 

I had no idea what he meant, my brows knitted together and I took a step forward. "What is that supposed to mean?"

"I mean, Damien has one just like that," Leo quickly replied. "And he mentioned something about getting you a chauffeur."

"Of course, he did," I muttered more to myself. "My dad is your new best friend."

"Hey," Leo sounded a smidge like his old self. "I only have one best friend and you know who she is."

"I knew," I stared him straight in the eye. "I'm not so sure anymore."

Leo stared nonchalantly and before I grew agitated, I took in a breath and took a step to leave but just as I brushed past Leo, he lightly gripped my arm. I stared up into his brown eyes and then lowered my gaze to his hold on my arm, Leo let go and shoved his hand in his pocket again. 

"I know I've been a shitty friend lately but things have been really busy and work can be stressful," Leo earnestly said. 

"I know and I don't want a reason, I just want my old friend back."

Leo deeply sighed and silence lingered between us for a long moment. I didn't think I got through to him, so I accepted it for what it was. "It's okay, I guess I'll see you around sometime."

"Yeah," Leo finally offered a small smile. "It seems you enjoy being my neighbor."

"I don't think we're technically neighbors," I mused. "I'm on the tenth floor and I haven't seen you around."

"I'm on the Eighth floor," Leo said. "And I doubt I'd see your lazy bones in the gym so maybe we won't see each other as often."

"I bet you're over the moon about that," I sarcastically said. 

"Ecstatic" Leo replied in the same tone and a tinge of the Leo I knew and adored crept through his new personality. "You can be a real pain the ass."

"But," Leo added before I was able to retort. "I'd like to hear about how life as a doctor is going so maybe you can come to borrow a cup of sugar from this not-so-new neighbor sometime..."

"Really?" My mood shifted and I couldn't stop the smile that grew over my lips.

"Yeah," Leo lightly punched my shoulder. "You never need an invitation to visit, you know that."

"I don't know..." I mused. "I don't want you to think that I'm the main character –"

"Shut up," Leo rolled his eyes playfully and pinched my nose. "I didn't mean that, I was wrong to take my bad mood out on you."

"Yes, you were," I pouted. "But you did have a point, I shouldn't have accused you of being some kind of Mila-stalker."

"I'm surprised you didn't accuse me of that since I knew you were here," Leo mused.