33: A Leap of Faith

Start from the beginning

Dave rolled over on his back and looked up at the ceiling before finally getting up. He looked over at his nightstand ready to roll a blunt to help nurse his hangover only to see two Aleve pills and a bottle of water. He knew April had left it for him. Even with him being a complete ass she was still playing her role and willing to make sure he was straight when she could've just said fuck him. Dave picked up the two tiny pills and knocked them back with the quickness then cautiously stood up. He wasn't down bad but he was certainly fucked up enough. He got up from the bed all together and headed for the bathroom. He took a piss, washed his hands, brushed his teeth, and hopped right in the shower. Dave leaned forward and placed both of his hands on the wall allowing the water to pounce and rain all over his body while April's face from last night kept playing over and over in his head. The look on her face had spoke volumes.

Seeing the look on Bully's face when he exited the room last night made it even worse. He had asked him nothing not one single question. He knew that something was wrong but he had allowed Dave time to open up when he was ready. Bully had did for Dave the same shit Dave should've done for April which was give her some time because she damn sure needed it. This wasn't the usual push her to talk situation. This wasn't about the typical shit she would shut him out for. This was entirely a different situation. This affected the both of them differently. For Dave it was the father in him trying to shield his child and give her the option of having her mother around. While on the other hand this was April doing what she does all the time...sparing everybody else's feelings except her own.

Time...That's all she had asked of him was some time but yesterday he just didn't get it. He was blinded by his own thoughts and feelings about the call. One thing for sure he didn't know how today would play out but he was ready to get it over with. It was time to put all of their cards on the table. Besides he had some shit to get off his chest too and he was tired and fed up with April keeping shit to herself. They had got to a point where they kept no secrets and told each other everything but ever since shit popped off on New Years April hadn't said a thing about Millie to him anymore. If she felt a way she kept it to herself and that's how it had been for the past few months. Granted he sort of understood why she kept it to herself because he really didn't want to talk about Millie again. But keeping shit to yourself was never any good if you wanted a happy and healthy relationship.

He too like April knew that something had to give. They couldn't keep making these huge strides only to end up five steps backwards. Last night he had realized that they had both struck a nerve in each other and it shouldn't be that way. He knew that what they had to talk about wouldn't be a regular let's sit down and talk and that bothered him a little bit. He knew that an argument would most likely ensue and blow up but maybe an argument is what they needed. Sure they could talk like adults but he sort of wanted April to fight. Sure he understood some things didn't need to be an argument but sometimes arguments were needed.

"Daddy grandma said come eat" he heard Kairi behind the door as she jiggled the door knob. Luckily he had locked the door because if it was open she damn sure would've walked on in. Nobody could go to the bathroom in peace. He was honestly surprised that all three of their girls hadn't woken him up this morning. He figured April had probably told them some shit to give him some time to sleep.

"Ok Lil Butt I'll be right there. Daddy needs to finish washing up"

"Okayyyy" she dragged before he heard her little feet taking flight out of the bedroom.

Dave took a deep breath and ran his hands over his face. There was no way around it him and April needed to talk today. With the way they both felt and what they had been keeping to themselves it was no way in hell that they could wait a week to talk. If they waited a week or just a day longer shit would definitely escalate. Truth be told he had been avoiding shit too. There were things on his mind as well and they were both at fault for keeping things to themselves instead of being adults and talking like they normally do. One thing that had been heavily bothering Dave was the baby or lack thereof. It had been four months and still there was no baby and he couldn't understand that shit for the life of him. Sure he knew that it took time for birth control to leave the body especially when you've been using it faithfully. But at this point he didn't know what was going on with April's body and he knew birth control wasn't full proof.