Chapter 34: Sweet moments

It's been and week and the tension between the students were still high. The maids were frustrated because over the past few day that had to work to the bones because the girls fight would go from bad to horrible in a matter of minutes, one moment they would be screaming at each other the next they would get physical and the next they would start throwing objects at each other! The maids in the ruby palace were exhausted and the physician that was exhausted because he had to go back and forth from his office in the main palace to the ruby palace which was all the way at the back.

Marinette told them that if they could last just another week, they would get an all-expense paid vacation. This cheered them up but still didn't change the fact that they still hated them.

Marinette was currently in the palace library with Chloe, Kagami and Juleka, they wanted to do something peace and quiet after all the drama they had to witness with Lila and the others. The Fujiwara and Lee siblings were out having interviews escorted by Nino of course, while Luka was with Nathaniel.

"Finally! peace and quiet." Kagami exclaimed as she read her book.

Juleka nodded as she stretched before slouching into the couch once more, "I agree, for once I don't have to worry about objects flying over my head."

Chloe the asked Marinette, "By the way Mar, Lila and the other broke quite a lot of stuff, what are you going do about it?"

Marinette shrugged as she turned another page of her book, "Send the bill to their parents and ask for compensation duh. Heck just one vase cost 2 million RMB! As of I'm not going to ask for compensation!"

The girls giggled.

Suddenly her mother came in, "There you are! I've been looking all over for you."

Chloe, Juleka and Kagami bowed as the Empress entered, "Your majesty"

"Mother what are you doing here? You know that it's quite the walk from the main palace to mine! You should be careful." Marinette reminded her.

"I know dear, but I missed you!" Shuxin said as she wobbled to her daughter.

"Mother you just saw me this morning." Marinette stated as she sweat dropped as she helped her mother sit.

Shuxin eyes then suddenly watered, "I know but it's just I've been feeling emotional lately and I just wanted to see my daughter."

"Wow, those pregnancy hormones really are everywhere, also does father know you're here?" She asked.

Shuxin then gave her a cheeky grin, she put her finger up her lips and said, "Sshhhh I came here in secret."

She then crossed her arms and pouted, "Your father has been so overprotective that he assigned me to five guards when I go to the garden."

Marinette and her friends giggled, "With reasons mother."

Shuxin took Marinette's hand in hers and looked at her friends, "Why don't we all have lunch I bet you're all hungry right now."

They nodded and headed to the dining hall.

When arriving Marinette's eyes widened, "OH MY GOD FELIX!"

She ran up to the boy and gave him a tight hug which he gladly returned.

"Hey love, how are you?" He asked her.

Marinette looked up giving him a bright smile, "I'm fine what about you? Why didn't you tell me that you landed I would have picked you up?"

He cupped her face giving her a quick peck on the lips before answering, "Other than me missing you I'm good, yeah but then if I did that I wouldn't be able to see that surprise look on your face."