Chapter 21: Threats

Felix looked at Marinette and said, "I'm sorry Xiao Mei but I have to head back to England this instant."

Marinette hugged Felix and said, "It's okay I understand just hurry before things get even worse than this."

Felix gave her a kiss and said, "Don't worry I'll be back for your banquet in time."

He was about to leave but Marinette grabbed his hand and said, "Please be careful."

Felix nodded and left.

Nino ran up to Marinette and asked, "your highness what's wrong?"

Marinette looked at Nino and said, "Duke Agreste revealed that Adrien is going after the throne to the press, and for a fair fight they would go through various task they have to complete such as govern a land or solve a case or help the citizens. And when it comes to these things it's not the one that finishes the fastest that wins, it's the smartest and most beneficial to the country. And the prize for that is not only the throne but my hand in marriage, I'm guessing that Duke Agreste doesn't know about my engagement yet."

"And you're worried about that?" Nino asked.

Marinette looked at him weird and said, "What? No! Felix is smart smarter than is dumbass honestly Felix has this in the bag the country already adores him. What I'm worried about is Adrien trying to cheat his way into winning. Also, I'm worried about how Felix will deal with the aristocrats when he gets back to England, honestly Felix's personality is similar to my father their answer to everything is bloodshed except Felix is slightly calmer whereas my father well let's just say my father's motto is 'kill then ask questions'. Why do you think I didn't tell them about Lila?"

Marinette giggled as she looked at their expressions.

(Somewhere in the palace)

"ACHOO! Someone is talking about me." Xukun sneezed.

(Few hours later with Felix)

Felix barged into the councils' room furious, he saw that Adrien was already there, who took an absence leave from Ms. B.

"DUKE AGRESTE WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS." He yelled.

Duke Agreste smirking, "It is simple your highness. My son here requested that we fight for a fair fight, and I recently found out that you were engaged to the Princess of China so to put it simple, if you lose you will renounce the throne and break off your engagement with Princess Meiying whether you like it or not."

Adrien looked at his father confused not knowing about the second part of the deal. Gabriel looked at his son, his smirk grew wider.

Gabriel handed him a folder and said, "Adrien would you like to know who the princess of China is? I mean you are invited to her coming-of-age party and not only that, but you were also candidate to be her future fiancé."

Adrien didn't say anything and just stayed quiet. He took the folder from his father and opened it. Reading through the content he was shook.

'What...the princess of China was Marinette all along.' He thought.

His mind kept running but then he suddenly smirked and thought, 'This is perfect, if I get married to Marinette I'll make sure to keep her on a leash.'

"Princess Meiying is my fiancée whether you like it or not even his Majesty Emperor Cai Xukun announced it."

Gabriel's smirk got even wider as he gave a dark chuckle, "I have sent his Majesty a message and if he dares to refuse that unborn child of his will be 6 ft under ground along with wife and daughter too. And if YOU refuse this not only will the princess be dead but along with your mother. I have men everywhere reporting your actions and men spying on the queen and your precious princess ready to shoot."