Chapter 11: Confessions and Rejection

"YOU'RE BEING BULLIED! WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US?" Shuxin yelled.

Marinette sweat dropped and cursed at Aaron and her bodyguards for tell her parents.

"Hello, mother good to see you too. How are you? Have you had dinner yet?" She innocently asked.

"I'm good and yes I did now answer my question." She spoke.

Marinette looked behind her mother and saw her father working on some papers.

"Hello father, how are you!" Marinette greeted.

"I'm not helping you in this one Xiao Mei, I'm also disappointed at you for not telling us." He said keeping his eyes on the paper.

Marinette sweat dropped and thought, 'well there goes my last hope.'

Marinette sighed, "I'm sorry for not telling you I didn't want you to worry. But also if I had told you, you would have sent the entire military force on my class, which as much as I want to myself would defeats the whole purpose of keeping my identity a secret."

Shuxin massaged her forehead as she leaned back on the sofa and said, "Still you should have told us. Do you know how worried we were when Aaron told us and I quote, "Her highness has a lying snake, and her sheep are bulling her taking it as far as physically hurting you." I had to calm your father or else he would have teleported there and went on a killing spree."

"Isn't that what the underground prisoners are for." Marinette shrugged.

There are two types of prisons one that's outside the palace and one that's under the palace, the one under the palace is only for those that have truly committed a sinister crime, such as slavery, sex trafficking, murder, abuse, kidnapping, and attempted treason. Those who are unfortunate enough to end up in the underground palace would end up being Marinette's new playmate.

A little more background on Marinette's past:

In people's eyes Marinette is the sweet innocent little girl, in which she is it's just here's the thing Marinette hates criminals, especially sex traffickers and abusers. So, when she was younger she used to "play" with the inmates in the underground prisons when she couldn't sleep.

(Flashback)

It was dead in the night, almost everyone was asleep except for the guards on patrol and one little girl. Footsteps were heard coming down the hallways scaring the people in that hall. Fear struck their hearts and crept their spines, giving them goosebumps. The men in their cells shivered, scared for the next thing to come.

"Hello!" A little girl around the age of ten greeted as she walked in with a guard following behind her.

"It's play time." She announced.

"NOOO." They screamed, "Please have mercy."

Marinette walked around and looking at each inmate.

"Hmmm, which one should I pick today, tut tut tut, oh how about you." She said as she pointed to the fifth cell.

"No, no, please have mercy on me your highness." The man begged.

Marinette asked the guard to open the door and said, "Mercy? I read your file, you abused your wife and children, two of them were no older than five years old and one of them was just a baby, in the end you murdered them so you wouldn't get caught. the neighbours confessed they begged you to stop, that they would be obedient but even if they obeyed you would still beat them. They asked you to stop and have mercy, yet you still killed them so what's the different between you and I right now hmm?"