WYM11

"Yo yo yo its Demi, p*ssy destroyer you alright yeah? if you're buff press 1 as in come press me ayeeeee. lol im joking if this is mum i'm at the library , if this is hannah i have no money." I sighed and listened to Demi's chuckles. I threw my phone in frustation why wasn't this fool picking up his phone ?! I sat in the living room my hair was out of its tamed bun out in a chaotic mane of tight curls. I closed my eyes and breathed in slowly, trying so hard to ignore the lump in my throat.

"Big girls don't cry Hannah." I sniffled as Demi held my hands as we both listened. Mummy was crying again. I think her and daddy were fighting again. Daddy told me that mummy was being naughty so he had to deal with her. 

"Demi, I don't like it when mummy cries." Demi sat there his bottom lip quivering and eyes were leaking, whenever Demi's eyes leak daddy gives him a slap he says that only weak people cry. When dad hits Demi it makes me sad.

"Yeah I don't like it to."

We both sat in my room Demi promised to stay in my room until I could fall asleep we both sat on my bed I closed the door, but i can still hear the noise.

 I couldn't stop the water coming from my eye. I wiped it before daddy could see me.

"Big girls don't cry Hannah."

I shivered at the thought. Demi had always had my back and the thought of him wandering the streets with nowhere to go made me sad. No, not sad angry. I closed my eyes and counted to ten a technique I taught myself. Where would he be? I shook my head and picked up my phone from the floor glad the carpet stopped the fall. I looked around at Karma's room and called.

I put the htc to my phone and prayed. Please pick up . He was my last hope.

"Yo .. erm Hannah?"

"Yes , oh my gosh thank you some things are going on at home I don't know where Dem-"

"woah woah , one at a time," I stopped and slowed down

"Do you know where Demi is?"

"Na, him and Ivan went out like yesterday night haven't been back why?"

I closed my eyes and swallowed my pride.

"Jabari , I'm so scared."

There was silence at the end of the line.

"Hello?" I whsipered. Did he hang up on me.

"Hannah are you okay what's happened, where are you now"? 

"At a friend's house can you come and get me?"

"yeah holdon yeah, im gonna get you imma call you back , text me the address." Just like that the call was over and Jabari was on his way.

I locked off my phone and sat on the bed and sighed a sigh of relief.

"It's a shame." I jumped and turned around to see Karma at the door.

Instantly, i felt guilty she was really looking forward to me staying. But why? How did she know i was safe? Or even, How did i know if they weren't all murderers and kidnappers? What was i doing in a stranger's home?!

I smiled a apologetic smile and moved down the bed so Karma could join me.

"Sorry it's just too much you know? everything that's happening at home, nearly getting lost in the night , then waking up in a stranger's bed." 

I nervously looked around the room analysing posters ,posters i've analyzed for over five times already.

"Yeah, i get it. Cheer up chum. life could be worse you know you could be me." I sniggered, and she gave me a toothy grin.