story's fnaf

Sundrop/Moondrop (FNAF) x GN Reader

Perhaps switching to night shift wasn't such a good idea after all. Sure, you get paid slightly more to stay after the closing hours, but is it really worth it if you're doing all the work basically by yourself? (With the occasional help from the S.T.A.F.F. Bots, of course) Then again, you're allowed to vibe along with your music and not worry about running into anyone else. Besides, listening to music while you work slaps.

With a song blasting through your headphones you catch something move in the corner of your eye and naturally you dismiss it. 'Must be one of the cleaning bots.' Though, when you see something zoom out from behind the corner again you don't hesitate to point whatever you're holding at the intruder.

"Who's there?" You call out, pulling your headphones down and holding out the rag in the most threatening manner you can muster. The moment the familiar figure of a bot comes rolling forwards again you let your shoulders drop. "Man... At one point one of you guys is gonna give me a heart attack."

The S.T.A.F.F Bot pauses by you, their head tilting to the side slightly the second they make eye contact with you.

"Uh-" You hesitate, they tilt their head to the other side - a question. "Oh! No, I'm okay. Thanks, though."

The robot nods its head at you somewhat stiffly before they continue rolling off wherever they need to go.

The second they roll out of view the lights go out. Quickly you scramble to get your torch, cursing yourself for losing track of time. Is it 2AM already? You let out a sharp sigh you didn't realise you were holding.

Damn, being in here after dark can be unnerving.

You decide to get back to work and get this room done with before you go take your break. Just as you put the headphones back into their place and hit play something behind you taps your shoulder.

"FUCK-" You're sure you jumped about 3 feet in the air just before you whip around to come face-to-face with the moon animatronic. Instantly you whack him with the rag. "Moondrop!"

"Language." He cuts in, clearly disapproving of your reaction. Oh he doesn't get to scare you and then scold you right after. "Violence is prohibitedon thes--"

You whack his chest with the wet rag again, ignoring the irritated grunt that comes from him. "Dude!"

"Yes?" Instantly his demeanour calms and his head tilts to the side significantly more than it'd be natural for any human being.

"Don't scare me like that! We talked about this already."

Inhaling deeply you patiently wait for your heart to calm down.

He lets out a hum of dull acknowledgement and you roll your eyes at him. You've asked him to stop coming up behind you and to give you a heads up by making a noise first but--

Hold on.

"Wait, did you make a noise?"

"Yes."

Ah... Well, that one's on you and your headphones then.

"Right.." You shoot him an apologetic smile. The next second it drops. "Wait, aren't you supposed to be checking the other floors right now? Lights out and all?"

"Yes."

What the hell?
You nod slowly, brows furrowing in confusion. "And you decided that checking on me was more important than a possible out of charge animatronic laying around somewhere?" You pry, finding it very unbelievable for Moondrop to choose you over his night duties. "Cold? Forgotten? Nobody there to help them?"