"Why did she react like that when she saw me''she seemed overly excited when meeting me.

"She was just happy that I found my mate"

His mate

I couldn't stop the huge smile on my face when he said that.I am his mate.I Know that I'm probably acting like some teenager who just got waved at by her crush.

Then the food came and we ate at a very comfortable silence.What Ryder ordered for the both of us was very good.We were done eating and now drinking coffee.

Ryder was being his usual self staring at me as I drink my coffee and me being shy looking at anything else other than him.

"Tell me things that you like"he said all of the sudden.

"What do you mean?''

"I want to know things that you like and make you happy"

"Okay then"I took a deep breath thinking about what to say to him.

"I love reading"I told him.

"Well I can't say I'm surprised"he said that with a smirk on his face.

And what does he mean by that.

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that you look like someone that spends their time at the library"

"Is that your nice way of calling me a nerd"I tried to look angry but I couldn't.

"Your words not mine.So what kind of books do you like to read?"

"Romance novels"

"Why romance novels?"

"Because I love reading about people falling inlove"He stayed silence for a few seconds.

"You believe inlove?"he asked.

"Of course,I think it is a beautiful thing"

"Everybody thinks like that until they get their heart shattered"he said that more to himself.

"Don't you believe inlove"he stayed silence for a while before answering.

"I used to"

What!

"So now you don't?"

"I wouldn't exactly say that"I didn't want to pry because he looked like he doesn't want to talk about this.

And then again we fell into deep silence.Ryder is not saying anything and he looked like he is thinking hard about something and also his mood has changed.

Maybe this is the perfect time to ask him if I can go see my parents and friends.There is no way that he is going to say no.I have the right to see them whenever I want to.

"Can I ask for something?"he nodded.

"Can I go visit my parents?"

"What do you mean visit?"I mean go and see them obviously.

"Do you mean visit as in stay there for a few days or just see them and go?"he questioned.

Well I was thinking of seeing them for just one day but if he can allow me to stay with them for a few days then that would be awesome.

"Can I go stay with them for a few days"I can see how unsettled he is with this conversation so I just asked that to see if he would allow me.

"No!"he said putting his mug down on the table.

And before I could ask why he said"I don't think I can manage with you gone for so long but seeing them just for a day then I agree to that"

Did he just say he can't manage without me?

"What I mean is Coby won't like it if you are gone there for a few days"yeah that makes sense.

"So I can see them just for a day?"I asked and he agreed.

I finished my coffee and Ryder wanted to pay but Flora didn't allow her.They have a little disagreement back and forth and Ryder ended up not paying.

"Please come and visit me once again"she said as she hugs me.

"Yeah I will"Then she hugged Ryder and we left the diner

.......
Words 1212

Was not planning on updating today so this is not really the best or longest chapter but I wanted to post something to wish you guys a happy new year 🎉🎇🎆

And this book has reached 3k reads so thank you so much for your support ❤️It really means a lot and I appreciate it.🥰

Cindyyy