PAST•3•

RYDER'S POV

As a young boy while growing up I've always wanted a mate.I just used to envy the way my father looked at my mother.

He looks at her like that is what he was born to do,to adore her.He looks at her with so much love in his eyes and adoration.

Yes they argue alot but it was pointless since my mother always won the arguments.

And I used to wonder if my mate would be like that.And when I turned 18 ,ohh boy wasn't that just the happiest moment of my life.But at the time I was dating the girl I used to consider as the love of my life, little did I know she was my mate.

The way she smiles and talk just always get me on my knees.she jus-"can you just quit it?"my wolf Coby said that while breaking me from my thoughts.

"SHE LEFT YOU OKAY!!SHE REJECTED US!"Coby says while trying to take control and I know that is not a good idea at the moment while he is angry.

"Hello dear"said my mom as she entered my pack's office and already sitting down , without knocking if I must add.Can people just learn to respect other people's privacy.She is my mom so I'll let it pass like how I always do.

"Ryder are you busy?I just wanted us to go to the mall today to pick up the cake for your sister's birthday."My sister is turning 18 tomorrow and you know what that means MATE.

She has been preparing for this day for so long.I know how excited she is to find a mate and I am happy for her.Although she pretends like it is not a big deal in front of me which I know it is.

"I have already talked to Alpha Lucas and he said that he will go with us."The alpha of our pack 'Lucas' is my childhood best friend and also the Gaama ,Noah.

They all have their mates and also considering having pups now."Dear are you okay?"My mom says while caressing my face,let's say she does that a lot.

"I'm fine"I said while standing up and wearing my jacket and getting ready to go.One can say ever since I got rejected I've become distant.I just don't enjoy doing anything anymore.

I no longer eat dinner at my family's house more often or have Boys night out with my friends because there would just be tension.I've grown further and further away from my family and it is for their own good.

"Lucas and Noah you guys will go find the decorations while me and Ryder will get the cake okay?"my mom order us as we get out of the car and heading to the mall.

"I think Lucas should handle the decorations while I handle the hard part"Noah says that with a huge smile on his face and I think I already know the hard part he is talking about.Boy this is going to be a long day.

"Which hard part are you talking about?you mean setting up the chairs for the guests?"My mom asked Noah ,and starting to feel happy that she is not going to be doing that.

"Of course not ,the hard part I mean the snacks.Nobody is more talented in knowing the good stuff in that department other than me Mrs Carter"

"Is that so?, probably explains why my whole month's grocery runs out every time you come over"my mom says that while making a face that says I probably should get a lock for the fridge and cabinets.

While walking I suddenly stopped in my tracks because of the familiar feeling I can never forget.My wolf started getting jumpy and I started looking around.And when I looked forward I saw this girl with long hair running towards my direction while looking down.

I can hear people talking besides me but my eyes are watching the girl.And eventually a heavy wave of lavender scent reach my nostrils.The girl bumped into me and uncontrollably I held her by her hips and prevent her from falling.

I looked at her face while she is still closing her eyes.my wolf started chanting mate!mate!mate and I also said the words I never thought would come out of my mouth again"MATE".

With that being said she immediately opened her eyes and I am met with the most beautiful unique pair of green eyes I've ever seen.They are so transparent that I could see every inch of emotion in them.

I continue looking at her eyes then her face for a while until somebody cleared their throat and I let go of her.I stared at her eyes and she also stared at me from head to toes.

"M-mate?she is your mate?"When my mother asked me that and  it dawned to me that I got a second chance mate.Some would be happy but I just didn't know how to feel besides anger,Huge amount of anger.

As she was about to come and embrace me with this huge smile on her face I looked at her with so much anger and turned around and went away from her.

Why would moon goddess do this to me.My only wish was to have a mate and live a happy life but it seems as if that was forbidden for me to have.

I didn't even get in the car but I just blocked Coby for interacting with me,more like knocking some sense into me for turning away form our mate and just turned into my wolf form and took off in the nearby forest.

SO MUCH FOR WANTING A MATE!!

............

Please tell me what you think!!😹😊

XXX
Cindyyy