CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

"Discovering Kylvin's Place"

THEY dragged Aelyne into one of Headquarter's prison. The cage was made of plexiglass and it was the size of Kelly's laboratory. From the moment she was dragged to the jail, he never stopped screaming. The whole HQ immediately started whispering about what happened earlier and I was almost full of the mouths of all of them. I had this bad feeling that this might not end well.

"What the hell is this? What is this place?!" sigaw ni Aelyne hanggang tinurukan siya nito ng tranquilizer para mawalan ng malay.

Tinapik naman ni Tobias ang balikat ko at itinuro si Uncle na nakamasid sa akin kanina pa.

"Pinapatawag ka sa opisina," sambit ni Tobias at huminga ako ng malalim.

While Uncle was walking to his office, I was behind tailing him like a dog, trying to make amends of a disaster that I've done. He didn't talk until we reached his office. He opened the elegant door and then sat in his chair and arranged the books on his desk.

"U-Uncle—" He cut me off.

"Don't you dare to speak... What's the meaning of that!? There's a girl that is not part of our organization?! Do you think that leading someone here is a good idea?! Akala ko ba ay alam mo na ang mga rules?! Girlfriend mo ba siya?!" sunod-sunod niyang sabi sa akin at nakatingin lang ako sa sahig.

Wala akong mukha na maihaharap kay Uncle. Hindi ko kase alam na masusundan ako ni Aelyne rito sa Headquarters. Patuloy lang sa pagsesermon sa akin si Uncle at pinakikinggan ko ang bawat salita na binibitawan niya. Hindi ko siya masisi kung ganoon ang naging reaksyon niya dahil kasalanan ko naman din naman ang lahat.

"Girlfriend mo ba siya?!" tanong niya ulit.

"H-Hindi po, Uncle," sagot ko naman sa kanya.

"At bakit nakarating siya rito? Alam mo ba'ng bawal ipagsabi sa iba ang sekretong lokasyon ng HQ?!"

"K-Kase, Uncle... pinatuloy ko siya sa mansyon. Akala ko naman ay hindi niya ako masusundan kase desperada na siyang mahanap ang kanyang kasintahan na si Alessandro Seale."

"At sino naman si Alessandro Seale?"

"Isa sa mga dinukot ng CRYPTIC. Nakaharap ko ang isa sa mga lider nila. Ang pangalan niya ay si Erso Hallick," seryosong sabi ko kay Uncle, "Siya ang taong pumatay kay Dad," pagpapatuloy ko habang nanginginig ako sa galit.

"Sigurado ka ba na mga CRYPTIC iyon? Looks like we made a mistake choosing you to this mission. You had given us a reason to believe that every now and then, we're doomed."

"BAKIT AYAW MO'NG MANIWALA!!" bigla kong sigaw at nagulat ako sa ginawa ko. "P-pasensya po, Uncle," pagpapaumanhin ko at itinutok muli ang aking paningin sa sahig.

Tinitigan ako ni Uncle ng matagal at ang tanging tunog lang na umaalingawngaw sa buong opisina niya ay ang Newton's Cradle. Huminga ito ng malalim at hinilamos ng kanyang kaliwang kamay ang kanyang mukha.

"You're like your father. Unbiddable. Indocile. Fragile. Impulsive. A simple rule you cannot follow justified that you aren't fit for this. We were putting a wrong puzzle piece to visualize an images we pleased that is not realistic." He tried to control his anger by looking me straight in my eyes. His jawline got intense and tight. "Do you think that this is a joke to you, Kylvin. Our fallen agents didn't give their lives just for nothing. This is more important that your feelings inside your ribcage. Do you understand?"

"I don't."

Sa pagkakataong iyon ay bumigat ang tensyon sa pagitan naming dalawa.

"I followed your rules, Uncle. I pretended to be someone that is long gone. I don't know how to mourn to my father who I only met his bones buried six feet underground. I restrained myself not to fall in love just because this is much more important to the whole Headquarters.  Do you think it's easy for a young boy like me to be in the center of a decades of war between the CRYPTIC and this organization? I guess, the old me decided to forget everything because of this. I've sacrificed all of that. My emotion and my boyhood. What do you sacrificed?"