Chapter Seven

Another day didn't seem to come quickly

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Another day didn't seem to come quickly. In fact, days passed and she hadn't come by my office, nor had our paths crossed in Jakub's room. Everyday I had to stop myself from asking him where she was, or if she was coming to visit him. I couldn't remember the last time I felt so unprofessional.

As the week drew to a close I gave into the idea that I wasn't going to see Piper again anytime soon. I leaned back in my chair as I reread the notes I had just typed into my patient's chart. I heard a small knock on my door. My heartbeat quickened as I looked up, but it wasn't who I had hoped for.

"What's up hermano [brother]?" Spencer strode in then leaned against my desk and slapped my arm.

"Hey Spence." I put my phone down.

He sat down in the chair across from me. "Adam, Declan, and I were thinking of going for a hike tomorrow. Figured since it was Saturday you could come too."

"I do rounds everyday." 

How many times did I have to repeat that line?

"Okay, but that's like an hour, right?"

"Yeah, about that," I agreed.

"So do them in the morning and then come out hiking at Schoen Creek in the afternoon."

"What's the temperature supposed to be like?" I asked.

"Not swampy," Spencer joked.

I sighed. "Okay, fine. You didn't invite Bram, right? Cause you know D can't be around him."

"Of course." Spencer clapped his hands together. "So, tomorrow then?"

"Sure. I'm in."

Another knock at my door caught both mine and Spencer's attention. I turned to see Piper leaning against the frame.

My posture straightened and there was no fighting the smile that stretched my lips. "Come in."

She took a couple steps forward, but stopped just inside the door frame. She held my scrub top which was neatly folded. Her attention shyly moved to Spencer who looked at her then turned to me with a coy smile.

"I hope I'm not interrupting anything," she finally said.

I missed her voice. Until this moment I hadn't realized how much.

"No, uh, this is my friend Spencer," I informed her. "Spencer, this is Piper. We volunteered together last weekend."

Spencer lifted his brows at me, then stood up.

"I better get going. I'll see you tomorrow." He walked toward the door stopping just short of Piper. "Don't let his charm fool you." He winked at her then let out a laugh when I glared at him.

"Ignore him." I leaned back in my chair.

She gave me a small smile before she looked down into her arms.

Reed: Book 1 of The Bachelor Collectiveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें