94. Realisation.

Previously.....

Akaza smiled in an annoying away hearing the girl and said, "You're different lady. Fine, I shall make an exception for you."

The fight is just getting started.
.
.
.
.

DESTRUCTIVE DEATH
AIR TYPE

Akaza punched the empty air in front him and created a shockwave from the pressure of his fists and then sent it flying towards Kanao. She instantly released several rotating sword slashes by using,

FLOWER BREATHING
SECOND FORM
HONORABLE SHADOW PLUM

that deflected the incoming shockwaves.

But the Air Type by Akaza was a distraction and the next thing she knew, he was already in front of her. On instinct, she released a powerful horizontal sword slash but Akaza blocked it with his punch.

Kanao quickly leaped back and stared at Akaza with a face that one would make when one gets so mad that their face would not have any expression.

'All I ever did was slay demons whether I liked it or not. That was what I was told to do. But now, it's different. I don't want to wield my blade knowing that there would be no outcome. Now, I don't like joining fights where the opponent swings at everything for the fun of it.

But right now, I have met an opponent so strong that he overwhelmed me in a such a way I never experienced before. His senses are very finely polished and trained. However, my own senses are now switched on to a state where the strong face off. And now, I finally understand the moment of life and death in a battle which will truly tests our abilities.'

Right after that, Tanjiro watched in awe, as Kanao's temple started to swell up a bit and soon after, there formed purple floral patterns which went down upto her left wrist which was of course covered up by her uniform, so only the pattern on and above her neck could be seen.

[AN : It's quite similar to the floral pattern that appeared on Nobara, except it's purple.]

Akaza widened his grin, almost mocking the petite girl in front of him. Kanao didn't react at all.

In a flash, she rushed forward and swung, the blade just missing Akaza's neck. Akaza tried to punch her head off but the girl ducked down and swung again, with the demon bending back to escape the strike, however his neck did get slashed almost upto halfway. Akaza realised because of the mark appearing, her speed had increased dramatically.

Kanao used her

FLOWER BREATHING
FOURTH FORM
CRIMSON HANAGOROMO