23. Hard yet fragile.

Satoshi's POV

After the fireworks ended, Kanae and I started going home. It was already dark and many of the people had already left. Only a few people remained. After we walked down the mountain, we started heading towards home. It would roughly take 30 minutes to reach home while running. We decided not to run.

We were walking towards home while talking about the day. We then walked for a while in comfortable silence until,
" *sniffs* Kanae, there is a demon around. We better get out of here. We don't have our blades, so it's gonna be a problem if we encounter it."
She didn't question me as she knew I had a great sense of smell. I then tightened my grip on her hand and started running towards the mansion. As we were running, I caught the same demon scent again, but this time, the scent was stronger. So that meant, the demon was getting close to us. Even though we were running in an open path, the demon was no where to be seen.

 Even though we were running in an open path, the demon was no where to be seen

[Just imagine the scene in night]

"Satoshi-kun, I can sense the presence of multiple demons. This might be a problem. I thought demons didn't come out during this time of each year."
Kanae said. She was panicking a little bit.
I then replied, "Yes, you are right. I can smell 3 demons, but they give off normal demon scents, however I can also smell one more demon but it's a lot more stronger than the rest. This scent reminds me of the lower moons."

We kept on running. It would roughly take 15 more minutes to reach the mansion. As were running, I suddenly caught the scent of something in front of me even though I couldn't see it. I stopped running and started walking forward slowly while keeping my hand forward. Kanae then said, "Satoshi-kun, I can see a slight reflecting thing in front of us." That's when I remembered that she has extremely good vision. I then asked her, "A slight reflecting thing, huh?" She nodded. I walked a few more feet forward and that's when my hand hit something. I then felt the thing and it was an almost invisible wall. I had a hard time seeing it but once I did, I couldn't unsee it. It looked like glass but more clear. I tried my best to break it but it was not working. I then sensed a similar thing at our right and left sides. Kanae also sensed it. Then outta nowhere, a transparent hand came out through the transparent wall in our right. Then another hand came out through the wall in front and another hand from the left wall appeared.
Then at the same time, the owners of those hands walked out through the walls.

We took a look at those three demons. They had clear transparent body. It seemed like they were made of glass.

 It seemed like they were made of glass

They gave off normal demon scents. One of them then spoke, "We have been following you two for a while and it seems like you guys are trapped. Don't worry, our boss will come soon and he will take care of you guys. All we three do is trap people for him."
Both I and Kanae stayed silent. We were very serious and our guards were high. Since we didn't had our Katanas, we were in a great risk. Suddenly, a strong aura was sent around the field. The three demons suddenly kneeled and in an instant, another wall appeared above us. It looked like a glass ceiling. Then a demon slowly fell through it. He was wearing a black kimono and his skin was purple. His eyes were closed. This demon was giving off a strong scent. I assumed this was a part of the 12. He then spoke,
"You three, come near me now." The three followed his orders and went near him. He then chanted something and those three demons turned into  small cubes made by that glass like thing.

 He then chanted something and those three demons turned into  small cubes made by that glass like thing

He then picked up those cubes and inserted them in his bodies. Seeing this, I assumed that this demon's blood demon art might be able to create other demons using that glass like thing. Kanae was standing beside me and she had a very serious look. I then asked him, "Would you mind telling us who you are?" I sounded calm but I was very serious.
He smirked and slowly opened his eyes. Once his eyes were opened, our eyes widened with shock. His eyes had the Kanji of Lower Moon 2. Lower moons were nothing in front of a hashira, but without a blade, it would be extremely difficult to battle with one of them. The demon then spoke, "I m Kyoza, the demon holding the rank of Lower 2 among the twelve kizuki. I can sense some very strong aura around you guys. You guys are Hashiras, isn't it?"

"Yes, I am a hashira and she is a hashira too."

"You guys don't have even your katanas. Do you really think you guys can escape or defeat me?" Kyoza stated with a smirk.

I replied, "I guess we will have to find out." I then told Kanae to step back, but she didn't, as expected. "I m a Hashira, Satoshi-kun. How can I avoid fighting a demon?" She said as she took a fighting stance. I nodded and took a fighting stance too.

"How pathetic! You guys are gonna fight without your weapons? Check if you can defeat my minions first." Kyoza stated and took out 2 glass cuboids from his body. He then chanted something and those cuboids took the shape of a humanoid creature. I nodded to Kanae and she understood the gesture. We then dashed towards the newly formed demons. I punched one of them and Kanae kicked the remaining one. But nothing happened. Their bodies were extremely hard. The demon then started attacking me but I dodged it easily. I was the fastest among the hashiras, so dodging his physical attacks were a piece of cake. I then looked at Kanae and she was also dodging the other demon without a problem. I was really proud of her. The demon then jumped 15 feet in the air and tried to lunge towards me. I was very fast enough to see it, so I took my stance and got ready to kick it. As it came in my range, I kicked its neck midair and it made a crack. That's when I assumed that the weakest part of their bodies is the neck. I didn't give the demon a chance as I dashed towards it and gave another side kick at it neck and instantly after the kick, I gave an uppercut at the chin of the demon, and with that, another crack was heard. I then grabbed it's shoulders and headbutted it with full force with my rock hard head. The sound made by the headbutt echoed through out the area, and the head came flying off. Then the body shattered into pieces just like a glass. I then looked at Kanae and she had a sharp rock at her hands. She then stabbed the demon at the neck and it also shattered into pieces just like glass.

Kanae's POV

This glass demon was super easy to dodge. Since I had super fast reflexes and speed, it was quite easy to dodge it's physical attacks. But this doesn't mean that I was lowering my guard. I still fought with my guards high.

As I was dodging it's attacks, I also tried attacking it by punching or kicking. But nothing was affecting it. Then from the corner of my right eye, I saw a figure jumping up preety high in the air. I quickly glanced at it and it turned out to be the demon Satoshi-kun was facing. He then kicked the demon in its neck midair as it tried to lung towards him, and that kick made a cracking sound. I then assumed that if I was able to destroy the neck, it would kill them. So I started fighting with that in mind.

As I was fighting, I saw a rock near me. It had a pointy side, so I knew what I had to do. I picked it up and waited for the demon to approach me. As it approached me, I stabbed it's neck with the pointy rock and it made a crack. The glass demon then shattered into pieces. Satoshi-kun also headbutted the demon he was facing and it also shattered.
He then looked at me and nodded and I understood his gesture, which meant to attack the Lower 2.

To be continued........

1463 words