"Piper--" I began to speak but then a woman's voice calling for Piper interrupted me.

"Bree!" Piper's face lit up. She turned to me. "That's my ride." She looked down at her shirt. "Oh." She turned her face back at me with a sheepish gaze. "You probably want this back."

I held my hand up. "Don't worry about it right now."

"Thank you." She gathered her stuff and walked by me. "Bye!" she called over her shoulder as she headed out into the rain.

She linked arms with her sister and I kept my eyes on her until she disappeared out of view.

The whole ride home I couldn't stop thinking about Piper

The whole ride home I couldn't stop thinking about Piper. She looked unbelievably sexy in my shirt. Her giggle replayed in my mind over and over. A part of me was disappointed that her sister did show up. I had hoped that she wouldn't, giving me the opportunity to innocently spend more time with her.

As I pulled into my parking spot, I found myself smiling. I flipped my keys in my hand as I began to walk over to the elevator. Suddenly my phone vibrated. I looked down to see a text from Bram.

Where the fck are u?

I just got home.

I'm outside your building.
Let me in.

I stepped into the elevator and punched in for the lobby floor. When I stepped out I could see Bram sitting on the steps of the building drinking from a paper bag. I rolled my eyes.

I opened the door and looked at him, "What are you doing here?"

"I didn't want to go all the way out there." He pointed in an ambiguous direction.

I had to assume he meant Spencer and Adam's apartment.

"Give me." I grabbed the paper bag from him and tossed it into the garbage can.

"I was drinking that," he said, his words were incredibly slurred.

"Not anymore." I helped him to his feet and into the building.

"Spencer and Adam's apartment is so far away sometimes," Bram commented as we stood waiting for the elevator. "And I knew my good buddy Reed wouldn't let me down. Plus it's Saturday so it's the weekend right?"

"I do rounds at the hospital everyday," I informed him as the doors opened and we stepped in.

I let Bram slide down the wall and back into a seated position. I let out a sigh as I watched his eyes begin to close.

I rolled my own. "Did you have a fight tonight?"

He nodded.

"Win? Lose?"

"I obviously won," he slurred, his arm drunkenly waving as he spoke. "I always win."

I rolled my eyes. The elevator came to a stop and the doors opened. I helped Bram up and out into the hallway. He kept up with me but stumbled over his own feet on multiple occasions. We reached my apartment and I helped him lay down on my couch.