Chapter 62

The roads are all too familiar as I drive back to my house. I know Wesley will be home by now, but I'm hoping that he is asleep or passed out. Whichever will do. Hopefully work was a pain in the ass and he decided he didn't want to wait up for me.

Greg wanted to keep Elijah tonight, and said that they wanted to bake some more things with Gregs new cookbook. I easily agreed, honestly wanting the night to myself. Doubtful though, since Wesley is home.

But again, he doesn't know about what I discovered today. And he doesnt know that I have been fucking Dustin behind his back. I wonder if I should give Dustin a call, but as I look at my dash and see that it's nearing midnight, I decide against it. Besides, I need to keep my thoughts to myself and not reveal anything to him just yet.

If Wesley is still awake, I plan on asking him for a divorce tonight. I know what is bound to follow, but it can't be anything worse than I have experienced before. An argument, several slaps, maybe a punch to the stomach. Oh god. I can't let that happen.

As much as I know this child is unplanned, I love it already. Dustin may despise me for it, since we haven't talked about children at all, but this baby is mine and I intend to keep it. I intend to give it the best life I can possibly give it.

I wonder how my conversation with Wesley will go. As soon as I divorce him, I will tell Dustin everything. I'll tell him about the baby. His baby. I'll tell him what I plan to do with it and see what he thinks from there.

I just have to leave Wesley, and that is going to be the first and hardest step. I start to panic as I make my way into my parking space in front of our house. This is it. If he is awake, I'm asking him for a divorce.

Collecting my thoughts, I gather my things and walk up the stairs with unhurried steps. I'm not rushing this. I need as much time alone as I can get.

I open my door, finding it already unlocked. I immediately see Wesley sitting on the couch, staring at the tv as football players dart across the screen. I sigh and set my things down on the counter top.

"Hey." I whisper. He just laughs. Laughs? Why is he laughing? I look around the dark and empty house, wondering what the hell is going on with him.

"I thought you'd be asleep by now" I said to him, taking a seat on the far end of the couch. Looking over, I see a beer in his hands and his bloodshot eyes are staring at me. I should have figured he'd be drinking again, but when he drinks excessively like this he's normally passed out long before I get home. Unless something is really bothering him.

"Yeah well when my wife is fucking someone behind my back, I believe I have a right to stay awake." I flinch at his words. What? He knows? No, he can't. He's testing me.

"What do you mean, Wesley? I love you." I know how he is right now, and as much as I wanted to bring up the divorce, I know I can't now.

He shuffles his body and reaches into his pocket. Pulling out a white strip of plastic. I gasp and scoot away from him, knowing that he knows.

"That-" He cuts me off.

"We havent had sex in over a month Nova! Youve been lying behind my fucking back! You're a cheating little bitch!" He shouts, making my body flinch.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, knowing that even though our relationship hasn't been the same for a while, I still betrayed our vows.

"How long? How long have you been with him?" He grumbles, turning away from me as he takes another sip of his beer.