Chapter 11

Finally, the weekend comes and I wake up to the bright light of the sun shining into my eyes. A buzzing from my phone wakes me up and I reach over to grab it.

"Hello?" I mumble. Doug's angry voice comes over the line.

"Dude we are supposed to be having a cast meeting in twenty minutes!" He snaps. I chuckle and turn over, laying on my side.

"I don't think I've ever heard you say dude before."

"Stop this now Dustin. We have all gotten a look of the area and now we are waiting for you to show up here at the board meeting. I will not ask again. I told you last night that we were having this meeting today. I specifically said, Friday at ten in the morning. Get your ass here now!" He demands.

"Fine...fuck." I hang up the phone and crawl out of the bed. I look towards the bedside table and scowl at the bottle of liquor sitting there. I didn't mean to get drunk last night, but I kept replaying the plan in my head. The plan to get Nova back. Tomorrow night, Jax and I will go to the strip club. He will get a lap dance from Carly and he will lead her into the private VIP section where I will be. I will have an ear piece on Jax so I can hear everything that is happening between the two of them.

This plan has to work. I don't care if I see Nova only one more time, I just need to see those amber eyes land on mine once more.

I stumble to the closet, grabbing a grey button down shirt and some black slacks. The Myrtle Beach heat will have me sweating in less than a minute, but Doug will get pissed at me if I wear anything other than business attire.

I walk out of my bedroom and into the kitchen, grabbing me an espresso coffee that had been sent up to my room by room service. I take a swig and walk out into the hallway and into the elevator.

I reach the ground floor, or the floor where my car is parked. I see Kevin standing beside a Chevy Suburban. I forgot I needed to have a private driver to go to these events.

"Hey Buddy!" Kev calls. I hold my hand up and wave.

"Haven't seen you since we got here on Tuesday. How are you?" He asks. He is right. The day we landed was the day he last saw me. He had dropped me off at Jax's. Then we got shitfaced and bought two new vehicles and I saw Nova again. Fuck there she is again, invading my mind.

"I've been good..." I lie. I crawl into the back seat, looking out of the tinted windows. He climbs in and looks back at me in the rearview mirror.

"No you haven't." He denies me. I knew he would know.

"Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Wanna tell me what's up?" He asks, backing out of the parking space. We pull out of the hotel and head on the main road.

"I saw my high school girlfriend." I simply state.

"Bella? Yeah you have seen her a lot haven't you?"

"No...Not Bella. I don't talk about her much, but remember when I was dealing with the private investigators?" I ask.

"Yeah..." He questions.

"Well I was searching for her. Nova Dixon. My senior year girlfriend that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with."

"Oh yeah...I remember now. She's the one that almost killed herself correct?" I flinch, remembering her lifeless body on that cold tiled floor. I push the memory away.

"Yeah...um...well the PI's couldn't find her, but on Wednesday I was out on the green and I saw her. I chased her down and she ran just as fast. I lost her...again. But now I'm determined to find her." I tell him.