Chapter 31

A constant buzz on my nightstand causes my pounding head to throb even more than it should be. I open my eyes, slowly but surely, to see what is causing the buzzing noise. Through the haziness of my drunken eyes, I see Doug's name on the top of my phone.

"What...?" I groan, laying back down on my pillow and draping one arm over my forehead.

"Dustin it's almost noon! Be ready in thirty minutes! We have another table reading. There have been some changes to the script. Bella didn't like how her character was portrayed in the tenth scene so we had to re-write it and we need you there to see if you're okay with it." I lost him. He talks too fast with a girly, high pitched voice. I open my eyes and look to my left, examining the window that looks over the houses.

"Wait...what?"

"Thirty minutes be ready!" He yells before he hangs up the phone. I throw my phone down and close my eyes again, blocking out the sunlight from above.

My head hammers, making me feel the effects of a hangover once more. Why I keep drinking, knowing this is how I'm going to feel the next morning, I have no idea.

Nova pushes her way into my mind, forcing myself to watch her walk away from me again. She passed Greg, and walked into the small house in front of her. I let her walk away again.

"Shit!" I bellow, throwing the sheets off of me as I remember her laying in the disastrous bed. Creaking as I sit up, I'm reminded that I probably need to call someone to get the bed fixed.

In my closet I grab a nice sage green shirt and some shorts. I slide on my Jordan's and grab my phone off of the bedside table, walking into my kitchen to get a protein shake.

As I exit the elevator into the parking garage, I see Kevin parked in his car, sitting on his phone.

"Hey Dustin." He says as I get into the seat behind him.

"Hey, how was your night?"

"It was fine, nothing special happened." She shrugs it off and turns on some music.

We pull into the parking lot at the front of the building. Kevin nods me out as two body guards come up to the sides of the car to escort me to the meeting room. I remember the first time I had bodyguards beside me. I felt as if being famous was going to be so fun, but now I hate the look of their off brand aviators on their faces.

Ahead of me, I see several groups of people smiling with cameras flashing in my face.

"Dustin! Would you like to say anything about this new movie?" A male reporter asks.

"All I can say right now is that there will be too much drama to handle." Doug taught me to say that, telling me I can't release any information about the movie.

"How is Bella Hall? Do you enjoy making a film with her?"

"Yeah sure." I say into his microphone.

"Dustin! Is there a release date for this movie?" A woman asks. I shake my head no and flash a smile at her, which makes her jaw drop. I hate the fame, but I love the effect I have on people.

"Cocky." I think of Nova saying with a smile on her face. Suddenly, my entire mood is ruined and I start to push through the crowd, no matter how many people are spitting their questions at me.

"Dustin, my man." Doug greets me with a pat on the back. "You didn't spoil anything did you?" He asks. I force a laugh.

"I did everything you told me to do."