CHAPTER 8: TERROR

We ran outside the warehouse to look at the lonely and peaceful farm. Krish followed me and so did the bomb squad.

"He's trying to escape" I said in a worried voice, to Krish.

Suddenly Krish's phone rang. He picked it up, as soon as he started talking, few of the bomb squad member also received a call.

"Yes sir, Krish reporting." He said and continued, "But I am on the bomb ca—" Before could he complete, he stopped as if he was interrupted, and from his expressions, could I tell something was bad. "Ok sir, would reach there as soon as possible."

He hung up, and looked towards me in grief. There was an expression of sadness in his voice. With a frail voice, he continued, "Farmers, they started the protest as soon as a bomb blasted in the restaurant next to police station, due to explosion, the walls of the most cells broke, Ojasva escaped. And... And."

"And?" I questioned, "What? Tell me."

"Aditya died."

My eyes widened as I couldn't believe what just happened, I was not very familiar with him, neither did I respect him, but I could feel bad for him. Maybe because of it being my responsibility, I don't know. But there was a chain of sadness trapping my heart.

"He was at the restaurant at the time bomb blew." continued Krish, tears evident in his eyes.

My hands automatically went towards my head and I didn't even know why, but, I was crouching.

"I have to go work as a riot police. So, I have to g"

"Wait" said I, and continued, "I will not let Ojasva escape, especially after his escape led to death of my accomplice."

The few of the bomb squad members were also called to act as riot police, so we started running together. The bomb squad member ran ahead while Krish lowered his speed to match mine, and ran slowly with me.

Farmers are protesting. The roads might be blocked. It will take tons of time to reach police station, so the best option was to go from slums. It is way easier to climb on the roof of a slum, as the huts are small, than a building. And from jumping and finding a way, we can eventually jump on the main buildings of the city. From there, on travelling through the city during riot can become a little easier. Not just that, if you ask me, I also think that Ojasva and his team would have also taken the path of rooftops.

"I have to go in other direction" Krish said while we were in mid-way. I nodded. Suddenly a weird feeling aroused inside me, knowing Ojasva and how things might turn up, I don't know why my mouths automatically spilled, "When this gets over...err...would you, like to drink a coffee with me, in a cafeteria, you see?"

His eyes widened, as if he was shocked, "Are you...Are you sure?"

"No, not if you don't want." I spoke.

"Of course, I wa, I meant" he coughed and continued, "Yeah, why not?" He gave an unexpected smile and went in different direction.

I sighed, why it felt like a relief rather than a time waste.

I went towards police station. I can easily see the crowds shouting, things with their banners and stuff. I ignored it, for now the most important task is to retrieve Ojasva back in the cell.

Just few minutes later, A large rhythmic noise came from above and I stopped upon seeing, the path in front of me getting shot by bullets, cracking the rooftop.

The guns stopped, and breathing heavily I looked above, to see in the direction from where the sound came. As the sun reached it's prime in the noon, it shone brightly over the black cloaked man and his companion, making their face dark, as their long shadows fell over my face. Along with the wind, the black cloak waved with the wind along with the jacket of the man beside him, who had a weird grin over his face. On the black cloak of the cloaked man, had a design near the chest-pocket-area A design of two guns making the letter 'T'. I recognised it. It was the logo of 'Terror' organisation.