CHAPTER 3: 2 IN 1

"Call the bomb squad, Krish and send them the address. Until then, I am going there on my own."

"Wait, Nehal." argued Krish as I started walking out of the cell. He glanced at Ojasva and before continuing, came outside the cell, "What will you do there alone?"

"Don't worry" I assured him, "That's my style."

***

It was a single warehouse, the city had only two of them. Rest were in groups, either of two, three or four. The field in left, was filled with trucks. Around the warehouse, on the floor were, lots of old footprints which soaked, probably from the day it was raining.

But it rained four days ago. Why were there footprints not erased yet? No one entered the area from last four days. And today is a freaking Monday, why is no one here?

My phone ringed, seeing Krish, I picked it up.

"Hello"

"Yeah?"

"Bomb squad will arrive there in half an hour."

"I see." I said and continued, "Can you find one more thing for me? Today is Monday and no one is here, neither for work and it looks like this thing had no visitor since Monday. So can you find why the hell is no one working here, today?"

"Oh-Ok" he replied.

Hanging up, I walked carefully through the warehouse, making sure that I don't land on any footprints. There were many footprints indicating many movements from all direction to inside the warehouse. So, the rain started, and they all panicked to get inside. The rain four days ago, how as it? I tried to remember, and realised it was that type of rain where it takes the pace from the very start, does not warm up for few minutes with light rain or stuff. Then, it means as soon as the rain started, they all rushed inside the warehouse, and cause the pace of rain was fast, the dirt below quickly turned into mud, making it a footprint.

Warehouse was locked. If I wanted, I could have opened it, using hairpin or breaking it with the help of a stone, but...what if the bomb was put in such manner, that it exploded upon opening. I could neither confirm nor prove it.

And of course, there was no point sitting idle when I came up first. So, I decided to do a little much work than what might be required. I wore my gloves and pulled the magnifying glass. With the magnifying glass, I scanned it over and over. All of the footprints had same print on the ground. Do they have a similar shoe for a uniform or what? It had weird line patterns, running parallel.

I was glad. It made things easier, considering I just needed to find a different print. All footprint in the frontside were similar. So, was the case in right side also. But near the backdoor, I finally found a new pattern. It was a boot, every print of the boot had some letter, it was tough to figure out because they had started to disappear in period of four days.

N...M...no, it's N only; N with a tick mark... OHH! NICIE! That's an expensive company.

I followed the footprints; It went inside the warehouse.

At that moment, I, finally heard the sirens. The cars arrived from which jumped the bomb squad, with their equipment and vests. As the bomb squad, started their work, Krish came running towards me,

"They said, that warehouse has been sold. They will shift things accordingly from tomorrow or day after tomorrow. The new owner didn't allow them time to shift the material, and he's busy right now. He gave them the time for tomorrow or day after tomorrow for shifting." He informed me.

I nodded.

After a few minutes, came a noise. They opened the door, thankfully, there was not any kind of bomb connected to the entrance. As the bomb squad started their work, I tried to look for more hints on the floor.